gaymime    479

so today i tried playing in the public servers for the first time. as of so far i've kept it to a self-hosted offline server and ds but i wanted to try and play communally, well i managed to find a couple servers, in particular i found an endless server that had a giant antlion-themed base. for about three days i tried not to make a mess or pick up things i didn't need.

when a full moon came out and the pig farm was trashed by a pair of miffed pigs however i decided i probably wasn't doing anyone any good by lingering so i got the pigs to kill each other and i made a couple meatballs& taffies so i could head out safely, as a parting thing i decided to gather up all the items that had been dropped(it looked like no less than ten people died fighting something and stuff was scattered all over the place) and leave them near the middle of the base. i manage to get the first pile mostly dropped when i accidentally equipped a weird yellow torch and immediately set the next item on fire

suffice to say i exited the game as fast as possible in the hopes that the server hadn't enough time to update that a fire had been lit and quickly notified an admin in the hopes that my mistake would be seen before anyone else logged in and found the burned ruins of a base. regardless though i guess i get to eat a ban x_____x rip me.

have any of you had a similar issue of accidental fire-starting? what do you do when the mods want reports handled through a site you are not a member of? have any of you hosted a server with careless newbies?

• Like 1

BeeClops    330

setting fire to the base and instant leaving will label u as a griefer, no matter your intentions, and so it should be :D .

In that situation i suggest you tell what happened and request a rollback, guys who player 20+ days can rollback/votekick players.

gaymime    479

oh i did less than a minute after it happened and i've gone back since. apparently if you are the only one in the area and you log out before the fire gets going it will not spread further(or at least that is what i was told). since then i've basically cut grass, collected twigs, sniped silk and broke glaciers whenever i could and even made a couple telltale hearts(i brought a wendy back to life!!) and the wicker who has shown up all three days i have been playing doesn't seem to dislike me

in truth i have no desire to cause havoc, not only is that not how one is supposed to play but it doesn't exactly suit my preferences( i mean, golly, why would i play a wes over a willow if all i wanted to do was ruin peoples' good time?)

Chiri    3

To me as long as a person is not intended to start the fire and try to ruin the server, he/she is not as bad as griefer. I believe everyone can still make mistakes even if he/she is familiar with things he/she wants to accomplish. 

• Like 2