Just wanted to thank you Klei for opening an official server in my region.

Xbox one still doesn’t have access to dedicated or official servers even though I can see that there’s now over 200 over them when there used to only be like maybe 40ish.. it’s weird-

I would like to think that Klei is Somehow saving themselves money by not having these servers on Xbox.. and they can instead put that development resource cost into providing us all with cool new updates but honestly I have no clue how all that stuff works.. I just know they aren’t accessible on Xbox, and never have been.

And until they released the Hamlet Expansion just a few days ago we never had Wagstaff in the DS single player console game either.. :( I am really enjoying playing as him though, he’s pretty fun and unique! 

• Developer
12 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I would like to think that Klei is Somehow saving themselves money by not having these servers on Xbox.. and they can instead put that development resource cost into providing us all with cool new updates but honestly I have no clue how all that stuff works.. I just know they aren’t accessible on Xbox, and never have been.

Xbox servers are less about money than about time. We never have enough programmers for all the jobs we want to do, so we prioritize. The new servers we're testing are an attempt to reduce the amount of work servers take, which in turn will let us run more of them.

Archived