How can I move a volcano in debug?

1 hour ago, Tobruk said:

Alt+Q does move the volcano, but I can't build over its old location.

How do I truly move it then, so that I can build stuff where it was before?

If you use alt-q to move a volcano, it doesn't actually move until you save and load.  Once you load, the volcano should be moved.

6 minutes ago, Zarquan said:

If you use alt-q to move a volcano, it doesn't actually move until you save and load.  Once you load, the volcano should be moved.

Yes you are right.
And here's a little technique that makes use of it. (This is a little off the subject of OP, but please forgive me)

The copy creates a new volcano, but the volcano moved by Alt+Q can keep the attributes such as activity cycle as it is.
And I believe attributes such as volcanoes and geysers are determined by the world's seed value and the generated XY coordinates.
Therefore, you can create several volcanoes with exactly the same attributes by the following procedure.
 Step 1: Move the volcano with Alt+Q.
 Step 2: Save & load.
 Step 3: Generate the volcano by copying it to the original XY coordinates.

One not so obvious property of objects, moved through Alt-Q, is changed, the Z-coordinate. Volcanos have originally -18.5 as z-coordinate, after the move it is -25.5. Had this with the oil well, before the move, the building was in front of the well, after the move, it was behind.

2 hours ago, TripleM999 said:

One not so obvious property of objects, moved through Alt-Q, is changed, the Z-coordinate. Volcanos have originally -18.5 as z-coordinate, after the move it is -25.5. Had this with the oil well, before the move, the building was in front of the well, after the move, it was behind.

True, as you say, moving the oil reservoir with Alt+Q gives a strange display.
Also, I noticed it only after moving the oil well with Alt + Q, but the artwork of oil well seems to be a single artwork that collectively depicts the mounted oil reservoir.
I thought so because the display does not disappear even if I move only the oil reservoir at the back with Alt + Q.

By the way, how can I know the Z coordinate property?
I still don't know where that value is.

1 hour ago, TripleM999 said:

You can find it in the raw editor of this save game editor: 

Wow, I've known that tool for quite some time, but I've never used it. I should have tried it sooner.
Thanks for telling me I'm sure this will often help me in the future.

Archived