A reminder, for those who put time and effort into this game...

Now, you don't have to listen to me if you don't want to. That's basic common sense. I just wanted to point out something that I have not had the words to express until now. So, may of 2018, I got the game and played it for the first time. I had seen someone on YouTube play it and it seemed interesting in many more ways than one. I inmediately fell in love with the game's artstyle, mechanics and just the world in general. It felt very different from any other survival game I had played, because, to a new player, it really felt like you were left on your own, at least for the first few hours. You started in a world with no idea how anything works, and that was a little terrifying. The game had many ways to scare new players. An important moment during the player's learning process is their first death. It forms a big part of their experience, not because it could separate players between casual players and dedicated players; it doesn't. What it does is start a certain learning process in them that makes them think "Okay, so that kills me". However, as is expected, they will die many more times. They slowly realise that almost everything will likely kill them. It is at this moment that a small amount of players decide to quit. However, most people will feel motivated to learn more about the world of The Constant, and some will actually look for lore while they're at it. Put simply, the game, unlike some others, makes players feel naturally that they're going to die a lot, but won't get tired from doing everything over and over again. It gave the feeling that losing wasn't something bad. Unlike other games, it tells you right from the start there's always a chance for you to make a mistake, no matter your skill level. However, I didn't write this just for that. The reason I wanted to write this is because that feeling fades away quickly as you learn more and more about the game. Knowing full well that this feeling isn't something you can truly encounter twice, I just wanted to remind long-term players how it felt at first, At least, how it felt for me. Also, an idea for someone with the time and that wants to do it, maybe you could find a way to make the game a little creepier. Heck, you could make it a horror game. That is just an idea though. Unlike some others, I'm not asking anything from anyone. Just giving you a reminder.C6292F60474FE8EA41DA0FFCC4296EDE2DFFBFFB (1408×768)

First time I actually directly killed Deerclops.

The first time I found Chester in the base game, I had just come hot off the heels of probably my 13th death, so I was completely terrified, and I'm pretty sure I was so scared of him that I was crying while running in circles from this crazy looking mouth with legs that wouldn't leave me alone.

I think I ran away from Chester for a solid day and a half. Mostly in circles. Being chased by him with a dwindling torch in the night made it even worse.

Even when I realized he didn't want to kill me, I was still incredibly cautious with him. I saw you could store items, but thought he'd just eat them if I stored anything inside him. Not my precious nitre! That HAS to have a use later!

I had no idea he was just a portable chest that followed the weird bone I picked up. I thought I was going to lose my epic base (which was a science machine, a firepit, and a chest)

I have never had that kind of terror from any game before, or after. And what I would give to be able to get something crazy and new like that, but unfortunately, even if they do add these things, I feel my own understanding of the game and its mechanics makes me automatically glaze over any potential threat something poses and look straight at the loot. Oof. Thanks for letting me relive this, though :)

In every Survival / Crafting game as soon you know all it can get booring. DST is a game which you can play for month non stop then take a break from it, and then again you can play it. I'm playing ds / dst amlost since begining and can't tell im bored, I always find stuff what to do! Ofc I'll be more happier if they make more often events like Gorge & Forge, but I understand they working with new content :)

You gotta LOVE  base Building to play long-term, otherwise you kill all bosses and will get bored or start a new world.

8 hours ago, PhoeniX19922 said:

You gotta LOVE  base Building to play long-term, otherwise you kill all bosses and will get bored or start a new world.

It depends on how YOU want to play the game, worlds I create.. yes they’re open for people to freely join, but those worlds Are NOT long term commitments, I don’t have a pre-set thing I want to accomplish or any long term goals, those worlds only last for as long as I have not grown bored of them or bored of playing a Character, I tend to delete my worlds & generate brand new ones after roughly day 300-500 or so. There are several factors that come into making this decision- 

#1- It’s my Personal Server, My world, My Rules..

#2- I only have 5 save files available on my Xbox and 16+ playable characters (no I don’t use that dumb character swapping portal because I feel like that’s cheating..) I want any progress made in a world with a specific character to be strictly while playing THAT Character (if that makes sense)

3# The game I bought was Advertised as an Open world survival Sandbox, where every time I start a new world it randomly generates a world for me to explore that’s full of things that hates me & wants me to die.  And that’s exactly how I intend on playing it...

I don’t build These large long lasting Mega Bases, I don’t go on a party Simulator Adventure to fight this games over abundance on Boss Content.

What I want and expect when I play DST is MORE Randomly Generated World Types, with new & maybe some familiar biomes, full of new & familiar mob types that hates me and wants me to die.

Archived