Gekko farm :( (Fixed)

hello

as you know if you dig up or pick grass theres a small chance that makes morph them into gekko

if in 5 tile theres no any gekko they will spawn. i prepared needed enviroment and they spawned only 1 time i broke 2 golden shovels they dont spawn anymore

Is that a bug or theres sometin i missing ?

Edit : gekko timer resets everytime they spawn. so we need to wait 25 days again or plant away 5 tiles each other then spawn them separately

333.png

I'm not a pro with the code, but the base timer is 25 days with a variance of up to 5 days.  To ensure the timer is up you should wait 30 complete days after planting (so if you planted on day 1 you would wait until day 31 to trigger.)

Each grass has its own timer that needs to be ready to proc when you trigger 1.  So the reason you got less than max is because not every timer was ready.

I may be wrong - but I think this is how I'm reading it...

Why everyone says same thing ? i dont have to wait 25 days because i plant it almost 50 days before and already they re able to spawn gekko so timer is over. i just want to know anyone else has same problem

3 hours ago, WkingDisaster said:

Gekkos farm is too close to grass farm.

Its not theres 5 tile space between them

26 minutes ago, Resul said:

Why everyone says same thing ? i dont have to wait 25 days because i plant it almost 50 days before and already they re able to spawn gekko so timer is over. i just want to know anyone else has same problem

It happend to me in the surface. I get like 2 or 3 spawns but after that i didnt get more spawns. And in the caves (i need to check the distance in this one) only one

Maybe you're just unlucky? There's 1% on every dig to spawn Gekko and a Golden Shovel has 100 uses. There's a 36.6% chance of doing nothing after using one shovel entirely, and a 13.3% chance of doing nothing after two shovels.

In addition, the process is not triggered during the winter.

12 hours ago, Resul said:

Everyone is saying the same thing because:

On 6/7/2020 at 10:06 AM, Resul said:

i waited and 25 days has passed as u see they spawned 1 time

but they dont spam anymore

and 25 days is not always long enough.  It can be up to 30 days because of the +/- 5 day variable timer.  But if you waited 50 days then idk...

edit - I also want to point out that when you trigger a grass gekko spawn that it resets the timer on other grass within range.  If you mean to say you waited 30+ days and triggered one batch but did not get a second batch the reason is that all grass within 4 tiles reset.  If you want to trigger multiple batches at the same time you must plant grass in patches 4 tiles apart (same as grass gekkos must be 4 tiles away.)

Here is a video that demonstrates: (video is not mine)

Archived