Hi, i was trying (and enjoyning i must say) the new fishing mechanics and when i decided to mesure the fishes i get this quote appears 

Is the heaviest fish of his kind that i fished but, with my poor english, i dont get what it means and why appears this quote, i guess is because he is heavy but if someone can confirm

image.thumb.png.b4d13e5423a497ac790bd4da6393cef5.png

26 minutes ago, Well-met said:

wendys way of saying its worthless

She's saying the exact opposite: that it's unusually heavy for a Popperfish, meaning you can give it to Pearl.

If the character says nothing, then the fish is in the lower 70% of the weight range.

Its not a common expression but when someone has a big problem on their mind you might say they are "carrying a huge burden."  Burden is commonly used to refer to a more metaphysical problem but can mean a physical weight as well.

I think she's just making a bad fat joke. "burdened with yet another terrible weight" could mean she has major problems in life as described above but a more literaly take just means this fish is a heavy one.

Wendy does tend to be more morbid and use dark humor like this.

10 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

Its not a common expression but when someone has a big problem on their mind you might say they are "carrying a huge burden."  Burden is commonly used to refer to a more metaphysical problem but can mean a physical weight as well.

I think she's just making a bad fat joke. "burdened with yet another terrible weight" could mean she has major problems in life as described above but a more literaly take just means this fish is a heavy one.

Wendy does tend to be more morbid and use dark humor like this.

for that i like the character a lot. Thanks for the explanation

3 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

She's saying the exact opposite: that it's unusually heavy for a Popperfish, meaning you can give it to Pearl.

If the character says nothing, then the fish is in the lower 70% of the weight range.

2 hours ago, DarkPulse91 said:

its a way for players to tell if a fish is big, rather than looking on the wiki for max weights. So all characters have something that they say when weighing a fish thats quite big

thanks, i rescale all the fish and results that i had like 4 huge fishes that i didnt notice. Pearls has give to me shells and a bait recipe O.O

On 6/4/2020 at 1:54 PM, ArubaroBeefalo said:

thanks, i rescale all the fish and results that i had like 4 huge fishes that i didnt notice. Pearls has give to me shells and a bait recipe O.O

Yeah pearl gives a "Bag of thanks" for every 5th large fish you give her. And gives a lure recipe depending on which large seasonal fish you give her. Spring fish gives rainy lure recipe, Winter fish gives snowy lure recipe, Autumn fish gives stupifying lure recipe, and summer fish gives weighted lure recipe

Archived