Help with steam turbine

Hi, this is my first post on the forum, been lurking alot. 

I was trying to build a heat exchanger around a copper volcano but I can't convert the liquid water into steam somehow. 
Instead it turns one tile into steam that's -270 degrees.
Here's the build: 

20200603202309_1.jpg

There is a bug preventing heat exchange for very small mass. It looks like You are facing this bug right now since You have 0.0 mcg of steam. If I were You I would build clean water tank below geyser merged in vacuum,use aquatuner combined with steam turbine to cool water and conveyor rail to transport copper like I did for magma here:

Cooler.thumb.png.38ae0c2edd4223b0739f3de793daa449.png

3 minutes ago, sheaker said:

There is a bug preventing heat exchange for very small mass.

That one is an annoying one, as it is a blocker on some of the finer builds for reliable execution. For instance, many metal geyser tamers check temperature on conveyor content, but material in the mcg magnitude wont change temp at all, although they should almost instantly. This leads to situations where temp check stays red, and wont allow further proceeding.

I think this is related to the flaking heat deletion/creation bug in its "deleting" form.  I recommend heating the steam to about 150 C using an aquatuner, then try again.  And use a thermosensor on the steam turbine to make sure the steam stays above 150 C.

Additionally, you should put your liquid vent in a layer of petroleum or crude oil at the bottom of your turbine like this to avoid heat deletion:

image.thumb.png.32b5229889c4397200e173051de0d0c2.png

I think this is related to the flaking heat deletion/creation bug in its "deleting" form.  I recommend heating the steam to about 150 C using an aquatuner, then try again.  And use a thermosensor on the steam turbine to make sure the steam stays above 150 C.

I agree with your comments, it is really useful for users. Thank you!  

Archived