Kelp and Wurt

The newest update came with a (most definitely unintended) change for Wurt. She's supposed to be able to eat kelp with no health or sanity decrease, since she's a merm and all. I've been using kelp to sustain through winter and seafaring, but the update removed this perk (again, pretty sure it slipped Klei), making me unable to keep playing in my world, due to the fact that I was sailing at the time and have a good amount of kelp on my fridge.

I just want to bring attention to this issue so it can be fixed as soon as possible. Thank you.

5 minutes ago, -Variant said:

She can still eat kelp fine for me and my friends.

I... really don't think that's the case. Did you check it properly? I even made a new world just to se if it had already been fixed or if I was missing something, but no. I'm still getting hit by 10 sanity per kelp. It might be just me and my game, but I doubt it. I'd need a second opinion here.

If your playing as Wurt, just wear a head garland or top hat and carry around a fish pet sanity won’t be an issue because you’ll gain more sanity then you lose. 
if your on a boat you should have plenty nearby pet fish.

however the closer your pet fish gets to spoilage the less effective it’s going to be, holding a spoiled fish morsel will decrease your sanity as Wurt. 

I haven’t noticed any changes though.

6 hours ago, Clawder said:

She's supposed to be able to eat kelp with no health or sanity decrease, since she's a merm and all

is this true though? All I recall is she gets more hunger from veggies.

7 minutes ago, Well-met said:

Well, I have been playing her almost exclusively since she got released, so yeah, she could eat kelp without any penalties. 

Wurt's kelp is (or was) Webber's monster meat. 

Anyway, I have seen that a couple people has posted it in the bug tracker, so now we wait. 

3 hours ago, Well-met said:

Yes, it is.
I main Wurt and Warly and I have specific ways of going around food. Kelp has always been my go-to when playing Wurt so I noticed this change immediately.

Do you think its because they named Durians specifically as Wurt's favorite food, and moved the "remove negative effects" to the favorite foods rather than applying them on all vegies?

Archived