Various message in the bottle tweaks

Suggestions below are related to message in the bottles themselves, not sunken chests' loot.

- Make a chance to spawn treasure 100% instead of 33%, while reducing bottles' own spawn rate to offset that change. It's really annoying to get useless pearl messages from something that is not easy to be found on its own.

- Make bottles that spawn by walking next to shore either spawn close enough to be picked from shore or add action similar to rowing done with bare hands to pull stuff on the water surface closer. It's not like these bottles are something that should require bringing a whole boat to retrieve them. (and so are grass, twigs, driftwood etc)

- Make these bottles more visible to notice. In the current state bottles are very small in size compared to their "water shadow" and can be easily mistaken for seeds.

- Make bottles have a minimap icon. Bottles often spawn too far to be visible on the screen with default zoom level and you can often swim past without ever noticing them. If bottles were visible on the minimap, at least you could return to collect those nondescript bottles.

2 hours ago, shadowDigga said:

- Make bottles that spawn by walking next to shore either spawn close enough to be picked from shore or add action similar to rowing done with bare hands to pull stuff on the water surface closer. It's not like these bottles are something that should require bringing a whole boat to retrieve them. (and so are grass, twigs, driftwood etc)

I think it would be really neat, once they spawned in or the player sees them. They slowly but surely drift over to the shore close enough for the player to pick them up.

36 minutes ago, Hornete said:

I think it would be really neat, once they spawned in or the player sees them. They slowly but surely drift over to the shore close enough for the player to pick them up.

Nahhhh it needs to stay out of reach so more players wish they could slap Walani and get her to surf out there and pick them up. xD

56 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Don't slap Walani!  And do your own damn surfing!

(also you can't slap someone who isn't even in the game yet, so that wouldn't work out anyway.  : P)

...Notorious

I can hope she arrives soon! :( 
but also yeah I think seriously, Walani Surfboards would be super useful in collecting ocean stuffs like Seaweed for Wurts Tapestry or Pearls Bottles.

I kinda wish I could use pearls empty bottles to capture fireflies inside and use it as low tier lantern using fireflies in a jar.. but I mean ehhhh On Xbox I don’t have a problem seeing the jars, but that’s also probably because we have no way of zooming our screen further out.

(Well, notice that I did say she wasn't in the game...YET.  I do think it might happen at some point.)

Well, there's also the "Retrieve stuff from the Ocean" mo--

OH WAIT...

Yeah it would be nice to have a canon way to just casually snag small things from the water.  Both the fishing stuff out of the ocean mechanic and Walani herself are mod only, right now.

...Notorious

On 5/23/2020 at 1:58 AM, shadowDigga said:

Make a chance to spawn treasure 100% instead of 33%, while reducing bottles' own spawn rate to offset that change. It's really annoying to get useless pearl messages from something that is not easy to be found on its own.

I think this change should occur only after defeating Crab King. Thus one can have a proper reaction from Pearl and incentivize players to fight CK even more. But before fighting CK current system should remain in place.

Yes for fishing Bottles, Grass, Twigs etc close to shore via Sea Fishing Rod suggestion. No for more visible Bottles in-game and no special icons for them on map: they should be so-and-so difficult to procure.

Archived