[Experimental Update] - 411988

• Developer

Hey Grifters,

There's a new prestige level today, and fixes/balance/QOL stuff. Enjoy!

• Add profile-level destreaking and novelty picking to boss picks in the story. You will see all new bosses in a given part of the game until you can't, and then you'll only see the same boss at most 2 times in a row. If you want the abuse the meta on that, be my guest :)
  • You can select an audio output device in the options menu. The game will try to use that device again the next time you play.
  • Counter is no longer affected by damage modifiers like Power, Cripple, etc.
  • Use different phrasing to describe patrol leader role, since it is not quite the bottom of the admiralty hierarchy.
  • Update card text on Focused Assault for consistency.
  • New Prestige 4: No longer restore resolve after combat. Old level 4 is now level 6.
  • fixed typo in bash_plus2i
  • Added a CanPlayCard to Charged Barrage that was previously missing
  • Fix a bug where Feedback Loop, Wounding Barb, First Blood were applying debuffs to all attacks for multi-attack cards.
  • Corrected descriptions of bully_plus2c and bully_plus2d
  • Portable Bunker: Show correct Defend value if modifiers apply.
  • Reworked Cranial Patch
  • Buffed the chained version of Hammer Swing (base card is unchanged)
  • Making Molehills: The mole no longer dislikes you if you convince them to inform.
  • Apply boss difficulty modifier to initial Unstable Drone stacks, not just the drones summoned later on.  It is also no longer random.
  • Added wild upgrades for Brag, Bully and Bewilder
  • Added missing Expend flag to Flying Dropkick
  • Added missing target_mod to Hurricane
  • Fixed typo in toughen_up_plus2d

View full update

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Does wound still work on counter damage with this change? I assume not.

Glad to see the unexpected audio device change.

Not restoring resolve after combat is huge but at least I no longer need to prioritize negotiations before combat so I don't lose out on the resolve restore value.

1 hour ago, Kevin said:

• Fix a bug where Feedback Loop, Wounding Barb, First Blood were applying debuffs to all attacks for multi-attack cards.

Now they should be less op for multi-attack cards. I always assumed they were features, glad to know they are bugs. Or are they?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, RageLeague said:

Now they should be less op for multi-attack cards. I always assumed they were features, glad to know they are bugs. Or are they?

*x-files theme*

I’m surprised it was considered a bug. Some grafts  definitely want a buff then.

The new Prestige 4 should definitely shake things up.

Before, you will almost always have full resolve at the end of the day, even at max prestige, because you gain so much resolve back when you defeat the boss.

Is the healing reduction at the end of the day going to be changed so that you only heal 50% of your lost health instead of your max health? This way, there is more reason to conserve your HP.

To be honest, I'm not the greatest fan of the prestige 4 change. I found the restore resolve on combat victory mechanic to be one of the more unique aspects of negotiation, as well as a game mechanic that added a lot of room for skillful routing and decision making. It makes me question why the mechanic is even in the game: at low prestiges, players will ignore it, while at higher prestiges, it doesn't exist at all. I'd much rather prefer the prestige effect reduce, but not totally eliminate the resolve you get after a combat. 

• Like 3

(personal preference)

6 hours ago, Kevin said:

New Prestige 4: No longer restore resolve after combat.

This may be too 'early' for prestige 4.

6 hours ago, Kevin said:

Fix a bug where Feedback Loop, Wounding Barb, First Blood were applying debuffs to all attacks for multi-attack cards.

Even if it's a player-side nerf, I'm really glad of this balance.

• Like 2

Just to say I'm sold on Klei. I was hearing a lot of good about them already, but never interacted. Recently purchased Griftlands, gave them a (minor) feedback yesterday, it's already in this update. This means that in a single workday, they read my feedback, quickly discussed it and implemented it. So they do the same for everyone feedback.

While some big companies wait months to react to feedback (if ever), in less than 12 hours, Klei decided and acted. Neat.

• Like 2

• Developer
3 hours ago, Huntsekker said:

Just to say I'm sold on Klei. I was hearing a lot of good about them already, but never interacted. Recently purchased Griftlands, gave them a (minor) feedback yesterday, it's already in this update. This means that in a single workday, they read my feedback, quickly discussed it and implemented it. So they do the same for everyone feedback.

While some big companies wait months to react to feedback (if ever), in less than 12 hours, Klei decided and acted. Neat.

Sometimes we don't even discuss!

Just out of curiosity, which feature was your suggestion?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3