This will probably come off as a longshot, but I feel that a lot of people think the same. The addition of the Shipwrecked/Hamlet DLCs from the base game Don't Starve would be an incredible new aspect should it ever be added. I'm not saying that these DLCs would be included like Reign of Giants is, unless Klei decided to be so kind, but instead make them only accessible by players who buy/already own the DLC. This will probably never happen, but being able to explore the jungles of Hamlet with friends would make the experience all the more enticing.

I mean, people have been wanting multiplayer shipwrecked and hamlet for a while now, but Klei has already said it's not happening sadly, however, Klei are trying to remake shipwrecked into DST with the "Return of Them" update, that has started about a year ago. But one more thing, Klei didn't actually make shipwrecked, it was made by another company, I don't have the name right now, but I think Klei owns it but can't really copy/paste it.

So, in conclusion, I fear that we will never see the familiar oceans of shipwrecked, nor the terrifying jungle of hamlet in DST, but instead, we will have a brand new experience over the high seas for free in DST.

1 hour ago, ConvexCaribou23 said:

But one more thing, Klei didn't actually make shipwrecked,

Shipwrecked was still mainly developed by Klei. Capy actually left a bit into development I believe. No one really knows what Capy did for Shipwrecked, I hear all they did was help with sailing. But whatever the case shipwrecked was still mainly developed by Klei.

When I first came here this was one of the things I asked for the most, the idea was overall pretty much met with people not wanting it. Comments like no it’ll never happen, No it doesn’t fit the theme or atmosphere of DST, No it will kill DLC sales for those nearly decade old DLC expansions, It is sad to be honest.. and for me to continue to beg & ask for it is like playing a broken record repeating the same tune over and over again.

At least Klei is being Generous in adding a few things here or there from the Shipwrecked expansion like the Wobster. But I wish they would expand upon that more.

The Lunar Island For Anyone Who for whatever reason has yet to find it.. is it’s own brand new area of land, with its own unique biomes, mobs and hazards.. 

So then why Exactly can’t we have more Islands like this with their own sets of biomes, mobs and hazards?

Beaches & Volcanic Islands Of Shipwrecked, Dense Jungles Of Hamlet, Molting Underground Lava filled Cave Biome Of Forge.. why can’t we have more biomes, more mobs, and more hazards to thrive & survive within??

I thought about making a large post showing my concepts & going into details as to how it could and should work.. But the simple facts are PC players can access & enjoy this content by using Mods.. if Console players are ever going to get that luxury- it will have to be in the form of free or paid DLC updates Klei decides to do to the game.

Well, not all hope is lost, Shipwrecked in DST will never happen, sadly, but the "Return of Them" update is not yet finished, maybe more things from the expansion will come to DST and with brand new features to explore and discover, which, in my opinion, might be even better, since it would fit the game better. Also DST is an aging game, and maybe they won't add Shipwrecked because they think it won't be profitable, because it is just a copy/paste of something old, maybe that's why they try to do new stuff. I have no issue with new stuff, in fact I love it, but as long as they do it well, for example, the thing I like the least about "Return of Them", the boat mechanics, they aren't great, plus, they expect us to fight with that wooden circle, but Shipwrecked already mastered sailing. I know they NEED the boats to be multiplayer, but still we could have access to more boats, boats that are like Shipwrevked's.

Oh and another little thing, I don't think ANYTHING from Hamlet will make it to DST, just because it is sooooo different from everything.

I like the DST boats, but I also hate them. I like that they have physics, multiplayer support, are hard to manage, etc. but they are impossible to fight in, especially with the crab king, I just think that we should have acces to different boat types, for example, a smaller boat that's faster and is better for combat since it has a smaller hitbox, but that has much lower durability.

Archived