Slickster wranging

I thought I had this set up well, but it doesn't work as expected.  The top critter drop off is set to molten only, the bottom is set to slicksters only. I thought this would mean that the molten ones would be wrangled to the top as space permitted but it isn't working as expected. [eggs are automatically swept from the top and dumped in the bottom.]  Gossman is currently wrangling a standard slickster from the bottom instead of the extra molten one.  Is there a different set up that would make this work?

image.thumb.png.ae0e4416bdfe061d49a805646d32bb4b.png

I am was using two critters drop down in one room. One I set for example to 4 and the other one to 5. Duplicants after wrangling the slickster (due to 4th limit) will drop them on the second critter drop down point where 5 slicksters are allowed. But if they wrangled molten slickster  then they will drop it in molten slickster room. This setup is definitely not perfect and duplicants will be wrangling wrong creature but from time to time they will wrangle molten slickster and move it to molten slickster room.

In fact this will just allow for regular slicksters to be dropped of again in the room with slicksters.

I was using similar setup for Abyss and Radiant bugs separation. This setup is required You attention from time to time.

3 hours ago, Crapgame said:

I didn't think you could wrangle slicksters.  I thought they required a trap.

You can wrangle any critter if there is critter dropoff nearbay. Critter drop off did not even required to be in the 'room'. I recently wangled Gassy Moo from Spaceport in marked critter drop off:

911626960_GassyMoo.thumb.png.185f8a58b3bab2888cac19b0f1245df9.png

Earlier I was using critter drop off to catch wild slicksters in oil biom as well.

On 5/8/2020 at 10:14 PM, Crapgame said:

I didn't think you could wrangle slicksters.  I thought they required a trap.

You can, you just need a drop off point somewhere else.  I wrangle slicksters, shine bugs etc.  It's just it's not working as I expected.  Instead they wrangle everything, not just those that actually have a drop off to take them to.

48 minutes ago, Denisetwin said:

You can, you just need a drop off point somewhere else.  I wrangle slicksters, shine bugs etc.  It's just it's not working as I expected.  Instead they wrangle everything, not just those that actually have a drop off to take them to.

Yeah. That's the current behavior and has been for a long time. Any Critter Drop-Off set to Auto-Wrangle will wrangle critters to its set rules and it doesn't care if there's a place to put the wrangled critters.

To get the behavior you want, you just have to have a 3rd (maybe 4th) hatching room and wrangle out of there, set up a critter dropper, or just filter the eggs via autosweeper/conveyor loaders. 

39 minutes ago, beowulf2010 said:

Yeah. That's the current behavior and has been for a long time. Any Critter Drop-Off set to Auto-Wrangle will wrangle critters to its set rules and it doesn't care if there's a place to put the wrangled critters.

To get the behavior you want, you just have to have a 3rd (maybe 4th) hatching room and wrangle out of there, set up a critter dropper, or just filter the eggs via autosweeper/conveyor loaders. 

good idea, I'll try it

Archived