[Game Update] - 407633

Kevin

• Developer

Hey Grifters,

Today's biggest changes are to prestige. There are a couple more levels now, and the first one is a doozie. Based on the win/loss rates we're seeing in our metrics, p0 is currently pretty beatable by most players after a couple of attempts (it takes about 6 hours (-ish) per character). We'd like p1 to be a bigger step up in difficulty than it used to be (allies have less health is... not super interesting as the first unlock). 

Anyway, here's the new list:

prestige.jpg

• There are now 14 Prestige levels, and some have been reordered
  • Sal only gets starting bonus card picks on the first day for her side jobs (trying to push out "deck completion" a bit for her)
  • Add new hesh zealot events to both stories
  • The card info popup now shows the card's upgrades on the initial screen
  • using Oolo's requisition on the auction actually works now (it gives you a random item)
  • clean up the rules / explanations around drones quitting combat
  • make the target avoid the giver in rise_worker_rally
  • Party members should help you by default in negotiations, and not get overwritten with bystander rules.
  • Minor tweaks to prestige boss damage.
  • be more explicit when we don't let you provoke someone
  • add a "wanted_alive" tag to foolo when you are trying to capture him
  • Redesigned Bluster.
  • Bartender negotiation support now gives 3 Influence instead of 1.
  • Bandit Raiders now steal money with their raid attack.
  • Remove the day scaling from species boons.  Only scales with Prestige.
  • Reworked Ergo to use Improvise for consistency
  • Fixed incorrect cost on Pale Viciousness
  • nil-check charges for Back of the Line, not all items have charges.
  • Fixed inconsistencies between "arguments" and "targets" in negotiation descriptions
  • Fixed inconsistencies between "remove" "destroy" and "dismiss" in negotiation.
  • Fix text bubble position in negotiation
  • chilled out drone idle so it's more easily clickable
  • Fixed Rugged Wiring and Lightning Rod

View full update

• Thanks 4

Awesome. I got roped into the Alpha through Day9TV and his impressions pretty much matched mine: The game is an absolute blast after about 45-60m and the pieces all start falling together, but it doesn't feel like death is an imminent threat outside of maybe the boss fights on your first play-through. I don't think I even used pets my first 2 completed runs, so P1 felt completely negligible.

These changes should spice it up a bit. Looking forward to trying it out and getting my butt kicked.

Edited by Tempvirage
forgot an m
  • Like 1

• Developer

Just pushed out a couple of crash fixes (some of the new grafts, and some high-advancement boss fights were busted). Should be live in 30 minutes or so.

Oh, and here's the actual 14 level prestige table:

prestige.jpg

• Thanks 3

I was wondering why Fleads seems like they're especially weakened:

This is Prestige 0:

image.png.d5d3b6547b7eafd0c7143858231af1d6.png

This is prestige 1~:

image.png.b5b50eba26ef1eb089915e7b459ed4bc.png

I checked the script, seems like prestige cause it to went out of bound of the array table of CHITINOUS_STACKS?

Spoiler

local CHITINOUS_STACKS = {3, 4, 5}
local stacks = math.min(self.fighter:GetScale(), #CHITINOUS_STACKS) + 2 * GetAdvancementModifier( ADVANCEMENT_OPTION.NPC_ABILITY_STRENGTH )
self.fighter:AddCondition( "chitinous", CHITINOUS_STACKS[ stacks ] )

Edited by SpicyNiceCream
  • Thanks 2

In lua, there's no arrays, only tables. All arrays are tables. Also array starts at 1. Calling a table with an invalid key returns nil(or something like that). When you call AddCondition with a falsey value such as nil, the game assumes that the value is 1 because of how it's written in the code, so the game doesn't break, it just doesn't work properly.

• Like 2

Prestige 13 shroog boss is really spicy. I'm not sure which prestige allow the passive to be 2 stacks instead of 1(the one that says gain 1 power whenever an ally dies becomes gain 2 power whenever an ally dies). Probably prestige 10?(Prestige 1 is normal enemy have stronger abilities, i don't know about bosses) Either way, everyone should try it out sometimes.

Also, bandit raider deals 30 damage AND steals shills(i lost 30 shills. Is the shill loss based on damage or fixed value?) per attack at high prestige, with level 4 difficulty. Probably should negotiate my way out of that quest, but oh well.

• Like 1

Also, with the new species boon system, kradeshi heals 6 per turn at high prestige. If your first fight is against a kradeshi, don't. The starting deck doesn't do nearly enough damage to even lower the opponent health at a reasonable rate. I am even struggling to solo a kradeshi laborer with the starting deck.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1