• The Crabby Hermit.
    • The Crab King.
    • New Seasonal Fish.
    • Wobster and Wobster Den
    • New Winch Boat structure.
    • Sunken Treasures.
    • Singing shells.
    • Clean Sweeper craftable.
  • The player can now board boats while mounted.
  • The player can now board boats while lifting a heavy object.
  • The distance you can jump to embark and disembark has been adjusted and is now based on how fast your character is moving.
  • Irreplaceable inventory items no longer slip out of your inventory when drowning in the ocean.
  • Creatures that follow you onto a boat will now wash ashore (instead of die) when the boats sinks.
  • Abigail and other ghosts no longer die while on a sinking boat.
  • Changed the ingredients required to craft the Tackle Receptacle.
  • Boat Patch also repairs boat damage.
  • Added Malbatross Figure Sketch to the Malbatross's loot table.
  • Fixed a rare crash when the Gingerbread Varg does its icing attack.
  • Fixed a bug where the player's attacks would sometimes miss giants as they moved toward the player.
  • Fixed a bug where projectiles (eg Blow Darts) would sometimes not deal damage.
  • Insulation will now protect the player from the cooling effects of Deerclops attacks and fans.
  • Pipspooks no longer block placement of structures.
  • Fixed the coastal ocean rendering on the minimap in caves .
  • Fixed the mast's animation after being hit by a hammer.

Check out the She Sells, Sea Shells post for more details.

View full update

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Awesome update, huge thanks to you all! I noticed there was a change to the texture streaming system for the beta branch to improve performance. Was this also applied to the console update? There was no mentioning of it under the notes for the console updates, just thought I'd ask. Thanks again

@JanH 

I hate to ask for tips on this game but at this point, I don’t really know what to do, I’m having a problem with Cookie Cutters, I know you guys design this game as a Multiplayer game but I play mostly alone & these things just don’t seem single player friendly.

They Eat My Boat, they eat my Armor, they Eat Me.. I don’t know what to do! It seems that my strategy of crafting multiple football helmets and wearing wood armor while smacking them with a spear is clearly NOT Working.. I’m beginning to feel like they’re not intended to be fought as a single player.

Currently I’m playing as Willow.. and even when I force myself Insane to enlarge Bernie he just stands there not helping me fight them at all.

Sooooo how do I “Effectively” Combat these things? Plz I need to know! I want to help the Crabby Hermit lady build her house.

Thanks.

• Developer
18 hours ago, De_Gatherer said:

Awesome update, huge thanks to you all! I noticed there was a change to the texture streaming system for the beta branch to improve performance. Was this also applied to the console update? There was no mentioning of it under the notes for the console updates, just thought I'd ask. Thanks again

Texture streaming is always on for consoles.