Mega Pack or DST for PS4

Hi! I am interested in buying DST for PS4. I would like to know what version should I get. I am looking forward to playing the game split-screen mainly. I want to know if the mega pack changes something for the split-screen experience.What I mean is if the DLCs are also playable slit-screen or just solo?

If you really want to play multiplayer only, then DST is the way to go and you don't need anything else. But I honestly recommend the single player version because the DLCs will provide you a completely different experience and personally I love it. It's fun playing single player with a friend too: you can take turns and switch who's in charge every 1-3 days while the other one watches and shouts "no don't do that you'll die".

Oh I understand. I actually wanted the game ASAP bc I have some spare  time "thanks to" the quarantine and I'm planning on playing with my little sister.I think I'll get the DST for now bc she won't play alone :))). Ty for the answers!

12 minutes ago, Whakamate said:

Oh I understand. I actually wanted the game ASAP bc I have some spare  time "thanks to" the quarantine and I'm planning on playing with my little sister.I think I'll get the DST for now bc she won't play alone :))). Ty for the answers!

Don’t worry too much about it, It Seems That Klei is focusing on making DST have the best of each of those single player DLC’s While also adding Brand New Content that makes DST it’s own Beast.

At FIRST- DST was only seen as a Stand-alone expansion pack to the Single player game with added Multiplayer.. But NOW they are starting to turn DST into the SEQUEL it should have always been.

(The Storyline for DST picks up where DS Solo Ends.. And Therefore it Legitimately would be considered as a Sequel.) 

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Don’t worry too much about it, It Seems That Klei is focusing on making DST have the best of each of those single player DLC’s While also adding Brand New Content that makes DST it’s own Beast.

At FIRST- DST was only seen as a Stand-alone expansion pack to the Single player game with added Multiplayer.. But NOW they are starting to turn DST into the SEQUEL it should have always been.

(The Storyline for DST picks up where DS Solo Ends.. And Therefore it Legitimately would be considered as a Sequel.) 

That sounds pretty cool actually.I knew the game had some sort of story,I just never knew that DST was it's sequel(kinda).I just thought it's like extra cash for multiplayer tbh.

6 minutes ago, Whakamate said:

I just never knew that DST was it's sequel(kinda).I just thought it's like extra cash for multiplayer tbh.

It's a sequel. The cinematic leads immediately from the ending of single player which explains how the cast are in contact.

10 minutes ago, Whakamate said:

That sounds pretty cool actually.I knew the game had some sort of story,I just never knew that DST was it's sequel(kinda).I just thought it's like extra cash for multiplayer tbh.

At first it WAS, but NOW it’s becoming its own thing- Bringing In Mobs and Features from old DLCs such as Wobster and Wobster Dens from Shipwrecked expansion.

But at the same time, doing its own thing bringing in completely brand new stuff as well like SkitterSquids and Lunar Island! :D 

One Thing I DO Feel the need to warn you about though- is DO NOT play DST and then buy DS thinking it will play the same way.

Klei has been working hard to Distance DST away from DS- And because of that the characters are being Reworked entirely, Getting new found abilities and perks that they WONT have should you choose to go back and play single player DS.

Archived