New building idea

Liquids have the liquid tank and can be piped into it, same goes for gasses, but there’s nothing quite like this for solid materials i.e. having to do with the conveyer network. We of course have the storage bins but what I’d like to see is a building halfway between the conveyer loader and receptacle, with a green and a white port perhaps something that can only be emptied manually in it’s entirety much like the tanks aforementioned. I know we just got new awesome buildings for the conveyer network but it still doesn’t quite feel like the liquid and gas piping networks and I realize this is by design but yeah.
Thoughts?

This is a good idea, It can be created using a sweeper, containers, loaders and receptiables. But one that "just works" would be more convenient. However I think the current options look cooler. ;C

Yeah the impetus behind this thought of mine was watching a couple lines get backed up as they all came to a choke point, where there’s a solid filter, causing autosweepers at the beginning of the lines to slack off while the loaders were full. Pop a solid material “tank”(for lack of a better term) between the loaders and the filter and boom problem solved. 

14 hours ago, Emeal said:

This is a good idea, It can be created using a sweeper, containers, loaders and receptiables. But one that "just works" would be more convenient. However I think the current options look cooler. ;C

The design philosophy of the game is that you built these contraptions yourself with the more granular elements. 

Things are not created equal in this game. For example, the conveyor rails do now have the same behavior as the fluid pipes (gas and liquids). They still need to be connected to a "pusher" to empty their content through a chute while the gas and liquid pipes still work even if you disconnect the pump at one end.

On the other hand, you can easily and effortlessly create infinite storage spaces while you have to build a contraption and be aware of the game mechanics to build such a thing for liquids or gases (it's not difficult but you need to take some extra steps.

@Tobruk

Well I definitely don’t want the contents of my rail to get dumped and need to be picked up by a third sweeper on it’s journey, otherwise I might as well just have a dupe carry it to it’s final destination(assuming it’s accessible to dupes) it would certainly be faster assuming their not anemic and the majority of their trip would be horizontal.  

Archived