Why you should spare the Assassin [Sal]

It's also possible to find the assassin just hanging out in the Spree bar, which lets you give them shills to upgrade your relation from liked to loved.

I actually got Hanbi to love me like that, and then during the final day Oolo ordered me to assassinate him. So Hanbi wound up getting assassinated by the person he tried to assassinate three days prior!

If he likes you, you can get a random opportunity where he offers to kill one of your hated enemies for you. Its rare, but its nice to get when it happens. Also, the assassin can very rarely spawn in the bars. If he spawns in a location where you have a combat target in, you have a free boss sidekick

i've spared them mostly since i'm a pacifist(...or some wishy-washy excuse like that)...

at the beginning, they were the only way to kill someone who hated you since bar brawls/provokes weren't a thing

it's either get an immediate benefit (death trophy) or get a possibly larger benefit from the assasination/ befriend to gain assassin boon

I got a random event while traveling through the map where Hanbi offered to join my party for the next event, the one where you can haggle for a discount. I believe this was after I got him to love me, so it is possible to get the assassin to join you.

Play with the Loyalty Mutator and you can even get an assassin as a permanent party member!

Either the assassination event should always trigger when you spare him or it's not worth sparing their lives at all. Their items are almost as useful as their boons(with Hanbi's boon being not that useful for Sal actually as she gets to draw 10 cards per turn by day 3-4 anyway) and you can get them to love you in maybe 1 run out of 4 if you're lucky :apthy:

6 hours ago, Pro7ect said:

Either the assassination event should always trigger when you spare him or it's not worth sparing their lives at all. Their items are almost as useful as their boons(with Hanbi's boon being not that useful for Sal actually as she gets to draw 10 cards per turn by day 3-4 anyway) and you can get them to love you in maybe 1 run out of 4 if you're lucky :apthy:

Klei please make this happen. Need more consistency and assassins in my party!

Archived