Atmo Sensor + Gas Element Sensor

One of the things I've wanted to optimize is handling cases where a particular gas makes its way to the bottom of the atmo-free base (i.e. CO2), and has sufficient Kg to warrant flushing it out.  The atmo sensor can just as well sense O2 as it would the CO2, and the gas element sensor does not tell me if the gas particularly concentrated to flush out.  Is there a simple way to combine both sensor in a reliable way?  I tried a few things like combining these with an AND gate, but I seem to get too much O2 flushed out.  I know a gas pump reacting on sheer gas concentration Kg then filtering out with a gas filter would work, but would take a lot of power.  Any designs / blueprints welcome.

13 minutes ago, PhoenixGaming69 said:

Is there a simple way to combine both sensor in a reliable way?

Just put a filter for 5 or 10 seconds on the automation line to the pump so that it will only turn on the pump if the gas has stayed on the sensor for a decent amount of time which pretty much guarantees that the pump won't catch any gas "above" or "below" the gas you're checking for. 

This works best if you can dedicate a floor at the top and bottom of your base for holding the unwanted gasses while you wait for the sensor to trigger. 

As @beowulf2010 said, adding a filter is a good idea. One example of where I use this is in a coal generator power plant. The room has three floors, the top two house two coal generators each, and the bottom one is a catch for the CO2.

I put my Scrubber in that catch area, then I have the Gas Element Sensor above the Atmo (Pressure) Sensor (set to 1200g, although that can be whatever), hook them both to and AND gate, the AND gate goes to a Filter gate set at 30 seconds.

If the CO2 gets to 1200g and is sensed above the Atmo Pressure Sensor for 30 seconds, the scrubber kicks in.

Pretty simple and completely stolen from Jahws's guides on Steam.

Archived