[Experimental Update] - 406298

Kevin

• Developer

Hey Grifters,

One more big batch of fixes before we hotfix! This stuff should be going live on the main branch tomorrow morning, unless big troubles show up. 

I get to start making Smith's day 1 quest tomorrow, which is exciting. Y'all probably won't see that until June/July, but it's got to start somewhere! The rest of the team is going to start charging ahead on the next update content, which you will see as soon as it's ready.

• Setting the Cards and Grafts compendium pages to sort by Rarity by default, instead of alphabetical.
  • Fixed issue where having multiple instances of Proper Channels would only increase one of the instances when your core was attacked.
  • Spiked Drink is now always active rather than having a 50% chance.
  • Fixed bug where Kashio's clones were showing Condition application FX when spawned
  • Fixed upgrade for Smith's Hammer Down
  • Suppress screen shake if Composure fully defends an attack.
  • Reduced defend on Into the Night from 2 to 1 (3 to 2 for _plus)
  • Reduced defend on Stringer from 3 to 2 (5 to 4 for _plus)
  • Reduced counter on Spines from 2 to 1 (3 to 2 for _plus)
  • Fix a crash tooltipping character boons/banes on the End of day screen.
  • Fixed bug where some Overcharge spending cards weren't triggering Induction
  • Slightly increased overall damage of both Jakes Assassins
  • Buffed Buying Time and gave it Expend.
  • Allies will no longer target the Automech Boss while it has its shield active.
  • Fixed bug where Exertion didn't stack with itself properly.
  • Fix Assault and Hologram Projector Belt not defaulting to the original target.
  • Give combat advantage versus Sal's assassin only if you choose not to negotiate.
  • Reduce total Impending Doom stacks to 10 when demoralizing the assassin.  Each modifier has 2 more resolve.
  • Fix a bug causing certain negotiations/battles that stem from the main questline being less difficult than they should.
  • Fix being able to upgrade cards in the middle of negotiation or combat.
  • Fixed issue in side_competing_bids.lua where other_hunter leaves in dialogue but actually remained in the location
  • When choosing cards from the hand, hiding the choose panel also hides the Confirm button, preventing the panel to get stuck
  • Reworked Delirium slightly
  • Reprioritize Non Sequitur to ensure its final cost is 0.
  • Fixed bug where Char would trigger on other cards being played.
  • Extortion opinion events now reduce opinion to disliked, (or hated if already disliked), instead of causing someone to hate you outright.
  • Show opinion repercussions for the dangerous goods seller event.  Refusing and fighting is no longer considered self defense.
  • Even though it's a very Smith thing to do, fix the crash when winning Smith's bar fight.

View full update

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Kevin said:
  • Reduced defend on Into the Night from 2 to 1 (3 to 2 for _plus)
  • Reduced defend on Stringer from 3 to 2 (5 to 4 for _plus)
  • Reduced counter on Spines from 2 to 1 (3 to 2 for _plus)

:Guys discard and counter is op and awesome! Devs: >:) um hum.

Just kidding they're still op and awesome.

• Haha 1

*psst, should I mention that Seeker was untouched?*

1 hour ago, Kevin said:

Setting the Cards and Grafts compendium pages to sort by Rarity by default, instead of alphabetical.

...I'm actually really excited about this fix.

• Like 1

image.thumb.png.1f012f39577e59811082a6c51ff7afef.png

Looking at the code, it seems that you are supposed to get a graft on rounds that has a remainder of 1 when divided by 3 if you talk to the barkeep(weird choice, but ok), but i tried on round 4 and nothing really happened.

Also, I like how it displays the flags on the top left of the screen when fighting. Still no no flee flag when fighting regular enemies during bar fights.

image.thumb.png.9c28b15a1d735d5285482e966030a25a.png

image.thumb.png.2895329e6832494b646e600720bb16b3.png

Great, now the experiment is softlocked. Smith will never be able to drink from the "Bog Mine" bar ever again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Developer
1 hour ago, RageLeague said:

Looking at the code, it seems that you are supposed to get a graft on rounds that has a remainder of 1 when divided by 3 if you talk to the barkeep(weird choice, but ok), but i tried on round 4 and nothing really happened.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!

• Haha 3

Raw power drops your health by 3 per card reduced to 0 action cost

however, power through ignores damage from this card, while still dropping action cost

i can see someone working that into a massive exploit of multiple 0 cost cards, namely due to how raw power and power through have the enduring upgrade.

• Thanks 2

I guess Power through could be changed to something like "whenever you take self-damage this turn, reduce the damage taken by 3" or something. The new version of Raw Power deals all the damage at once.

...inb4 Raw Power just gets changed to "Gain 3 actions, take 8 damage" or something.

BTW, I think Raw Power currently drops the action cost of cards to 0 until the end of combat, instead of only until played. Seems a bit much, especially with the Unending Vial.

PS: Let it be known that despite all my complaining, I actually enjoy all these crazy cards and am happy we have them. They just take longer to get right so that they don't break everything.

Edited by pacovf
  • Like 2