looking for good videos about the new content

hello,

i have not been playing the new content because of work and time issues.. now i wanna watch some videos about all the new stuff we got (starting when klei reworked the sea).. can you please recommand me some good videos about the new content so i know what everything is possible now in the game? thank you

Wait.. you mean to go back to when they first added a sailable Sea? And before the character Refreshes?

Thats would date back to last year my friend-

You can search YouTube for various videos but the things you should be aware of are this-

Character Refresh Willow, 

Character Refresh Woodie,

Character Refresh Warly, 

Character Refresh Wendy, 

Brand New Character Wortox,

Brand New Character Wormwood,

Brand New Character Wurt,

Content Update Hallowed Nights,

Content Update Winters Feast,

Content Update Year of The Carrat,

Return Of Them Update #1- Turn Of Tides,

Return Of Them Update #2- Salty Dog,

Return Of Them Update #3 Hook, Line & Inker,

Return Of Them Update #4 She Sells Sea Shells,

10 minutes ago, Mooagain said:

Do not watch that channel, he steals content from other youtubers. 

True. i could make a story about blaming him but i better not summon the lock.

5 hours ago, Mooagain said:

Do not watch that channel, he steals content from other youtubers. 

Much better options for update news are James Bucket and Glermz

Could you elaborate on that? I always go to his guides because I like the way he explains stuff.
Is it not a misunderstanding? Videos may look similar because they cover the same stuff, but I've never seen a blatant rip off from him.

43 minutes ago, Clawder said:

Could you elaborate on that? I always go to his guides because I like the way he explains stuff.
Is it not a misunderstanding? Videos may look similar because they cover the same stuff, but I've never seen a blatant rip off from him.

Hope this works for you. The worst part is that he didn't even try to explain it or fix it, he just swept everything under the rug and hope it would blow over. While I don't care for the man myself, I also don't care if other people watch him as he does help ease players into the game and its content, like Edgy Rick except he tried to make a facade of nicety.

1 hour ago, Frashaw27 said:

Hope this works for you. The worst part is that he didn't even try to explain it or fix it, he just swept everything under the rug and hope it would blow over. While I don't care for the man myself, I also don't care if other people watch him as he does help ease players into the game and its content, like Edgy Rick except he tried to make a facade of nicety.

Thanks for the reply, this is interesting, to say the least. The way I see it, this could very well be a big misunderstanding. However, I wouldn't refrain from sending newcomers to his videos. Whatever he may have done, the fact that he makes guides for almost everything DS related is a pretty big deal. In the case of people looking for information, his channel is really good, regardless of the person behind the monitor.
I only ask for people to look at it this way. Reference him if you think his videos could be useful to someone; don't let people be deprived of useful content because of an event of the past. On the other hand, if you genuinely think his videos are not worth watching for whatever reason, state that instead.

Thanks again for sharing.

26 minutes ago, Clawder said:

Thanks for the reply, this is interesting, to say the least. The way I see it, this could very well be a big misunderstanding. However, I wouldn't refrain from sending newcomers to his videos. Whatever he may have done, the fact that he makes guides for almost everything DS related is a pretty big deal. In the case of people looking for information, his channel is really good, regardless of the person behind the monitor.
I only ask for people to look at it this way. Reference him if you think his videos could be useful to someone; don't let people be deprived of useful content because of an event of the past. On the other hand, if you genuinely think his videos are not worth watching for whatever reason, state that instead.

Thanks again for sharing.

I have to respectfully disagree with this sentiment. Don't get me wrong; I understand that the "creation vs creator" debate is highly controversial and nuanced with strong points both in favor of and against supporting the work of a nefarious artist.

That being said, the entire premise of this particular situation is that the creator in question steals other people's works, meaning that you can completely avoid newcomers being "deprived of useful content" while simultaneously discouraging plagiarism by directing those newcomers to other sources of information, including the ORIGINAL content that was being stolen in the first place. After all, it's not like any one content creator has a monopoly on DST guides; there are many other helpful options out there.

18 minutes ago, Rinkusan said:

the creator in question steals other people's works

That's the problem I have here... I don't know how much of his content is stolen. All of his recent videos, for example, cover the updates on his own way. He realeases a lot of videos based on suggestions too. After digging a little, I'm seeing these stolen ideas are at least a year old, so that's why I'm reluctant to just scratch him off as a content thief, you feel me? I want to give him the benefit of the doubt.

4 minutes ago, Clawder said:

That's the problem I have here... I don't know how much of his content is stolen. All of his recent videos, for example, cover the updates on his own way. He realeases a lot of videos based on suggestions too. After digging a little, I'm seeing these stolen ideas are at least a year old, so that's why I'm reluctant to just scratch him off as a content thief, you feel me? I want to give him the benefit of the doubt.

The issue isn't just the history of plagiarism (which in itself disqualifies DST content creators for some viewers), but also the attempt to sweep those instances of plagiarism under the rug, at which point you've given away any possibility of good intention.

All that being said, my previous response was specifically arguing against the logic of sharing helpful videos regardless of the person who made them. You can help out DST newcomers without "depriving them" of a specific creator's helpful guides by sharing guides from other content creators.

2 minutes ago, Rinkusan said:

The issue isn't just the history of plagiarism (which in itself disqualifies DST content creators for some viewers), but also the attempt to sweep those instances of plagiarism under the rug, at which point you've given away any possibility of good intention.

All that being said, my previous response was specifically arguing against the logic of sharing helpful videos regardless of the person who made them. You can help out DST newcomers without "depriving them" of a specific creator's helpful guides by sharing guides from other content creators.

So... basically referring them to OTHER content creators, but not scare them off Beard's channel if they stumble upon it?

Archived