Enjoying the new wave of sponsored content

Currently watching both Northernlion and Retromation play Griftlands, and its very enlightening to see the new player experience and see what info they pick up on their own and what they don't, as well as any interactions that I myself wouldnt attempt.

I noticed opportunities are never really explained to a new player, so anyone who focuses on simply completing quests wont realize that opportunities give them new avenues to increase their strength and dont take away from regular quests. I also noticed that if you're in the post-battle/negotiation upgrade available screen, then switch to their respective decks and upgrade the cards there, then returning to the upgrade available screen results in a bit of a UI issue.

Any other things the rest of you guys have seen watching one of the sponsored playthroughs, or just wanna share who you are currently enjoying watching?

I'm both happy and mildly sad it's sponsored. one hand it makes more griftlands content online, which will help it's publicity

on the other hand, it's sponsored. they're likely to drop the series post sponsorship, as they aren't doing as good as their other videos. I.E. retromation's third video is under 1000 views as of posting. channels are businesses at the end of the day, and they might just leave after being paid

kind of depressing, but hopefully by the full release we'll get some natural playthroughs from people like jacksepticeye. nothing against rhapsody and retromation, but some of the larger 'tubers will certainly help.

also the fact it's not on steam definitely impacts how few people are playing. that's a factor as well.

Lower than usual views are par for the course any time a video says "Sponsored" or "Ad" in the title. This thread is mostly to see what people have noticed from a "new" player perspective, or if they just wanna post who've they've been enjoying so far.

Im guessing Kashio betrayed the original worker uprising. We know Prindo's parents were involved in the first one, did any dialogue mention anyone with a last name Fallon, Sal's old last name, being a part of it? Its been a while since Ive sat down and read the dialogue, and it could have been updated since last Ive read it.

"Ask about {rise_contact}",
        [[
            player:
                If you <i>know</i> this person is the ringleader, surely it's simplest just to have her eliminated?
            agent:
                Unrest in the Grout Bog is older than my tenure. 
                It happened before, as little as ten years ago. Do you remember?
            player:
                I heard something of it. Massive riots, yes? Labor revolts?
            agent:
                Yes. A woman named Fallon was the ringleader. But Prindo's father, Seban Kalandra, was her second in command.
                They were all put down, of course, but the sentiment lives on.
                I'm not interested in having this problem in another ten years. I want it dealt with for good.
            player:
                Kill the sentiment?
            agent:
                Precisely. 
        ]],

If you can't remember, just do a little code search. It's what I always say(it's not).

This is from rook's day 1 infiltrating rise quest. Player is Rook and agent is Fellemo.

8 minutes ago, RageLeague said:

A woman named Fallon was the ringleader.

Well there it is, thanks. So yeah, from Rook's story we know Kashio became a spark baron from discovering automechs and Sal's mother was a part of the original uprising. From Sal's we know Kashio betrayed Sal's parents, and they were close enough for Kashio to have taught Sal. Wonder what new information we'll discover in Smith's campaign. We still don't know who Rook's employer is iirc (havent played since they've updated the story) and we dont know who had the big bounty on Kashio.

Archived