I keep getting disconnected

Hi, this is my first time making a post here so im sorry if im doing anything wrong. I know it could be due to a large amount of people playing right now but i keep getting disconnected when im trying to play with friends, any advice? I can post pics and info if needed

Very vague and too many factors to consider.

Disconnecting from Steam's servers?  The DST server you're on?

Further, the type of connection you have would play a role.  Wireless/ethernet and dsl/cable/sat/etc.

I'd recommend having a few ping loops on to see the where things are losing connection at:

Ping the router, ping the modem, ping a third party service like 8.8.8.8, and a final ping to the server you're connected to.

From there one of those should be cut if it's a connection issue, and then the real debugging begins.

If it's from the router, then your wireless is either dying or being saturated.

If it's the modem, then the cable to it is loose or it's dying from overheating.

If it's just the server and not the third party, then it's some node between you and the host; use traceroute.

If it's both the server and the third party, then it's something between you and your ISP; use traceroute or contact the ISP over it- way too many variables for you to isolate yourself here.

2 hours ago, BigBoyMatto said:

first time making a post here

I am not that old here 

2 hours ago, BigBoyMatto said:

keep getting disconnected

check your internet connection if you are playing online as in current scenario everyone is locked inside home and playing so network overloading both from your internet and server. I faced this few times and found that sometimes my mobile data got disconnected for a short period of time.

Try to totally close steam server and launch it again and check it.

12 hours ago, CarlZalph said:

Very vague and too many factors to consider.

if it helps im playing with friends in a discord call and all that, but i never lose connection i just get disconnected from DST servers. doesnt happen in any other game

We don't even know if you are playing the console version or the computer version. Since you mentioned Discord, we will assume that you are referring to the computer version.

How often do the disconnects occur when you are playing DST? Do they happen at any particular moment, for example after a set amount of time, or if you enter a crowded area with a lot of entities on the screen? Does the game suddenly get laggy before a disconnect occurs?

How does your network topography look like (e.g., computer → wi-fi → router)?

Have you checked the server log file? DST keeps different log files saved and it's usually a good place to start troubleshooting if you say that this only happens when playing DST.

49 minutes ago, Captain_Rage said:

We don't even know if you are playing the console version or the computer version. Since you mentioned Discord, we will assume that you are referring to the computer version.

Im on PC yes, i can get on but without fail it kick me out in about 30 seconds, am im sent back right were i was when i loaded it up, so i cant make progress. if i stand still, move, no matter what without fail i get kicked,but it definitly lags super hardcore right before i get disconnected.
my setup is computer--> wifi --> router
Ill look through the server logs, again, sorry for the lack of info and thank you for working with me

Archived