Steam Progression Transfer?

• Developer

Your save files and profile are compatible between the Epic and Steam version of the game, and you can transfer saves from to the other.

The files for both games are in your Roaming Profile:
C:\Users\[Your windows user name goes here]\AppData\Roaming\Klei\Griftlands

The Epic files will be in a subfolder that is just a long string of numbers which corresponds to your epic account ID.

The steam files are in a directory called "steam-###############", where the ############### part will correspond to your steam account.

Once you find the two directories, you can copy the contents from one into the other. The most important file is "profile.lua", which tracks your unlocks and prestige levels. 

Is this the official "How to Do It" thread? If so, could you provide more hand-holding details for the the slow kids? 

I found this easily enough:

C:\Users\[Your windows user name goes here]\AppData\Roaming\Klei\Griftlands

But I have no idea where the Steam folder is. I don't even understand why I would have a Steam folder for it since I did not buy it through Steam. 

I'm trying to find the equivalent "steam-XXXXXXXXXX" folder in the Griftlands_testing folder but can't find it. Is Steam's experimental version folder hidden somewhere else?

I also joined the experimental branch on Steam but it doesn't load the experimental content (for example, no Smith's bar fight) and there doesn't appear to be a way of unlocking it.

8 hours ago, Kevin said:

Oh, whoops. The staging branch shouldn't be public. Try opting in to the experimental branch.

Opting into the experimental beta on Steam creates a staging save file and seems to download the staging build (experimental features missing).

Archived