I got plenty of ceramic crafted in the kiln, and I was using it recently do make steel, but for some reason, even if I got plenty of it in inventory, I cant seem to buidling anything with it.  If I hover on the ceramic material in my inventory on the right hand side, I see that there is a lot of it scheduled for errands. How do I know where it is destined to?

I see two possibilities:

1. The entire ceramic left is already in some duplicants errands so You can not use it again.

2. Sometimes there is a bug where You need to change Your priority to make sure Your duplicants will perform errands. I am facing it all the time. I reported this bug as related to storage bins but it looks like this affects entire gameplay:

3 hours ago, PhoenixGaming69 said:

image.thumb.png.024987593f54bbf3fd5ef2e8474b4569.png

So It says 0 Kg of Ceramic right?  But If I click on it, I find some a bit everywhere (storage bins, etc.).  When I tried to do the Metal Refinery out of Ceramic, it is also grayed out.

Clearly you have construction errands that are using Ceramic.  This could be pipes, tiles, insulated pipes, insulated tiles, or some buildings.  I can't see what all you have queued to be built, but since you have more allocated than you have available, your total in the list will be zero.  The list on the side is "available" materials, not "everything on the map."  Stuff that isn't reachable won't be counted.  For example:

image.thumb.png.ac665557c7e11084027451ba198def70.png

You can see that I have a lot of hatchling eggs, but they're behind a door that dupes can't go through, so they're not counted on my resource list.  

I found my problem, thanks to all that persevered with me through this.  I had indeed been recently using the blueprint mod, and had queued up a gold volcano tamer, in a completly unreachable section of the map.  Just queueing this up made for all of it to me <reserved> for that building.  I now have lots of it available...

Archived