Wx-78 rework idea

Since these threads keep on poping I figured i might as well make one of my own.

Here's the deal. You might like this rework as a whole or only consider few ideas good. Keep in mind the the idea of reworking characters is to make it so that no character is considered 'way better than the rest'. 

1. Is a machine- Klei loves hiding lots of perks behind a sentace like this so here it is:

-A special crafting tab for Wx. I think that every character having special crafting tabs is a very cool idea because it shows every character bringing a part of themselves into the Constant. What you can craft in this tab will be mentioned later in the post.

-Wx doesn't receive health from food immediately. Instead the healing effect occurs over time simmilar to Jellybeans. This would be a disadvantage when it comes to boss fights, it'd prevent the player from stuffing to Honey Hams and being at full hp. The idea behind is that Wx's chemical engine needs time before it can extract healing properties from food.

-Lighting charges you. Same as now

-Being wet damages you. Simillar to how it works now but the wetter you are the more damage you take

-Every 15-25 days Wx-78 'breaks down'. A special animation plays and a message appears. Wx would then suffer from one of many disadvantages. For example:

• 'OPTICAL SENSORS FAILING'- your field of view is smaller simmilar to when Wagstaff wears protective googles in singleplayer
  • 'WALKING JOINTS RUSTED'- reduced movement speed
  • 'PROCCCCESSINGGGG Un1T FaIlYRE'- constant sanity drain

In order to stop these debuffs you'd need to craft a special item, y'know to replace the ones that are broken down. Yes, you'd craft them in that special crafting tab. Every item would have different crafting recipe but they'd all circle around items like gold, rocks, maybe gears. After fixing yourself maybe you'd receive a slight boost to whatever you've fixed

2. Not a picky eater-  This perk imo is good enough and doesn't need changing

3. Can upgrade themselves- Eating gears upgrades your stats. This is probably Wx's main advantage and also the reason why they're so op right now. I have an idea how to make that less op. Upgrades are shown differently on your stats, for example half of you health is a normal red heart and the second half is a mechanical heart. Same for brain and stomach. You now have your regular stats and the upgraded stats. The idea behind this is that these upgrades are not fully compatible with Wx-78 and they have to do things a bit differently to fill these stats.

Okay that might sound confusing so here's an example: You eat some meatballs, you fill your hunger only halfway through even tho it should be full. That's because you've filled your regular hunger. Hunger from the upgrades takes different food to fill up.  Same with sanity and health. As you upgrade yourself your regular stats slowly grow so that when you're fully upgrade you end up with 50% regular stats and 50% upgraded stats. 

Now, how exactly do you fill up those upgraded stats. For example in your crafting tab you'd be able to craft a special 'seasoning' which you can use on a food to make it fill up your upgraded hunger. A special hat which fills up your upgraded sanity. A special food which lets you heal up your upgraded health.

The general idea of this rework would be to still keep Wx-78 as a stats tank but for a price of maintaining yourself

I like the reapairing idea but i think being a tank in this game its just dumb. I mean, what is the fun if you know that with your 400hp and healikg you will not die, just press F to win 

I would prefer that updating him will actually update him adding tools, effects, etc making him more versatil and fun than "i cant die with my 400hp and gears"

32 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

"i cant die with my 400hp and gears"

You can die even with 400 HP and gears. A general player-base bulk "you".

Because it seems quite a number of forumites here are forgetting these reworks are for all player-base, not only the top 2% (I would argue the actual number of players from total DST bulk able to solo every DST boss, FW much-included, and qualify as "high experienced" isn't even in that range, more of 0.x% or lower).

As for OP, I don't really see some entertaining pros, only cons and nerfs. And those play in the Wortox and Wormwood background, with 50% less from food for example.

There was some time ago a proposal for modules upgrades on WX that seemed more interesting, as those modules were interchangeable at any time minus a cool-down of sorts. Also OP's suggestions don't strike me to make WX tank-ier as per its conclusion. All-in-all a "Meh!" update from my viewpoint if implemented that would make me personally play WX even less than now.

I just want them to remove the feature for eating gears entirely... it is bad in a Coop game setting BECAUSE he steals them or kills all the mechanical creatures in a Server.

if I put gears in a chest to build a fridge or Ice Fling with later I don’t need WX78’s joining my game and eating them from his own gain.

Instead... I purpose an ability similar to Wormwood being able to saw Living logs out of himself at the cost of portions of his own health bar.

So like WX can open his Chestplate and give Gears or Electrical Doodads to others like with Wormwoods logs.

WX78- “I need this To function properly but I have decided my human friends need it more..” 

Then he just rips them out of himself but at the cost of his own Health, Sanity or something “Optical Sensors Failing..” “Overheating Malfunction.”

In short- Remove every perk that makes any character annoying and Selfish and make them more of a TEAM based player.... IDC HOW you do it.... in a TEAM based game they should have perks that do more then just Selfishly serve themselves.

He’s a Robot.... there’s plenty of room for creativity with That.

9 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I just want them to remove the feature for eating gears entirely... it is bad in a Coop game setting BECAUSE he steals them or kills all the mechanical creatures in a Server.

I mean, there are already wayyy more gears than you’ll ever need available on a server. Other than in unexperienced servers/troll situations (which I personally haven’t come across) it isn’t a super selfish perk more than it is a bit uninteresting as it is rather strong and, with proper knowledge, highly abusable. That being said, as long as the rest of his kit becomes interesting, I personally wouldn’t mind it staying, but wouldn’t mind it gone either.

I do not play wx a lot, but besides ruins rushing , the fact you reset ruins and get more gears . . . yes there's a lot of gears, i don't want it to be gone, even in late game, he's very useful for base building , but need something fun and maybe be allowed to get movespeed on his own too ~ the modules ideas did that for me, unless Klei manages to surprise me again.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

if I put gears in a chest to build a fridge or Ice Fling with later I don’t need WX78’s joining my game and eating them from his own gain.

Instead... I purpose an ability similar to Wormwood being able to saw Living logs out of himself at the cost of portions of his own health bar.

So like WX can open his Chestplate and give Gears or Electrical Doodads to others like with Wormwoods logs.

WX78- “I need this To function properly but I have decided my human friends need it more..” 

Then he just rips them out of himself but at the cost of his own Health, Sanity or something “Optical Sensors Failing..” “Overheating Malfunction.”

In short- Remove every perk that makes any character annoying and Selfish and make them more of a TEAM based player.... IDC HOW you do it.... in a TEAM based game they should have perks that do more then just Selfishly serve themselves.

He’s a Robot.... there’s plenty of room for creativity with That.

you can get gears by statues (you dont need to kill the statues bosses just the lunar clockworks) and in the ruins (sounds dangerous but you only need to kill few and leave if you dont go to ruins often)

Archived