23 minutes ago, Kelloggs Dogfry said:

Yeah that in of itself is also an unfun mechanic with boring counterplay, but I don’t wanna make a whole concept for that since I kind of pitched my two cents for a change in my summer rework concept post :p. They both need some serious work.

i like wildfire, you have many options to prevent it

17 minutes ago, Kelloggs Dogfry said:

Yeah that in of itself is also an unfun mechanic with boring counterplay, but I don’t wanna make a whole concept for that since I kind of pitched my two cents for a change in my summer rework concept post :p. They both need some serious work.

Don’t starve at its heart and core is still an open world sandbox Wilderness Survival game.

People claim DST is easier than DS Solo but for a million reasons I can prove that statement false-

For starters- Resources like Rabbits, Bee’s and Thermal Stones never degraded over time in the Original DS, I’m actually playing DST and learning how laughably easy DS Solo has become because of it.

Another thing you didn’t have to Worry about in Solo DS was other players taking all the resources or dying to become ghosts draining your sanity.

Sanity is Manageable if your experienced, but for newer players Sanity is the single most annoying thing they’ll encounter early on. Which is why I Laugh when some troll joins my servers and dies to float around as a ghost trying to get me killed by Sanity and then they get mad and leave when I live forever unbothered by their constant sanity drain.

DS Solo is only harder in the fact that Dying at all pretty much meant starting over from Scratch, DST has a Rollback feature that has spoiled you all, I made a Suggestion for a Hardcore Mode .... and a lot of people hated the Idea, but IDC, Hardcore is for Hardcore players not everyone.

Anyway- To Summarize Hardcore Mode Lower overall health, Faster Sanity Drain, No Rollback Feature, No Meat Effigy or life giving Amulets, the only Reviving Items would be Telltale hearts and One time use only touch stones. Healing couldn’t be done with food either, you’d have to actually use healing slaves, Honey Poltice, Booster shots and Spider glands you know.. the Actual Healing Items...

Back to that Lower overall health thing- On Hardcore everyone only has 50% health max, which means.... building a Telltale heart to revive someone leaves you at 10% Health.

With No Rollback feature allowed Dying and not being revived within a period of time means your dead forever, you can spectate other players... but you can not play anymore, Once everyone is Dead- It’s Game Over my friends.

I feel I can speak confidently about a Hardcore Mode because I play them often in various other games that have them..

To ask for a Summer Rework or to remove Wildfires, is to remove portions of that Wilderness Survival the game is all about.. 

I do feel that there should be better ways for Hardcore Content to Co-Exist right alongside casual content....

but I have no Solid ideas on how that should work.

Having something that one dimensionally destroys your base is not fun imo. Your main options are live in the oasis, or go to the caves. Or if you’re crazy enough to make and operate a bunch of ugly flingos that’s up to you as well. I think wildfires as a concept could be really great if they were actual fires based around the wilderness being flammable, but the base being a direct target sucks.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

To ask for a Summer Rework or to remove Wildfires, is to remove portions of that Wilderness Survival the game is all about.. 

I do feel that there should be better ways for Hardcore Content to Co-Exist right alongside casual content....

It’s not a mechanic that makes the game difficult it is outright just one dimensional in terms of counterplay and not very fun. And my idea to rework summer is to add actual content since it feels the most void of it.

For reference on wildfires and summer content: 

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

just for being a ghost after die and the rework to the life giving amulet+ telltale heart+rollback is much less difficult than single player also in rog every season has his own "deerclops" meanwhile in dst you fight bosses when you are prepare.

The only way to revive in ds single player are the touchstone that revives you in the moment and not when someone prepares for you healing and a torch and the meat effigy which gives you a health penalty (imagine playing maxwell with 50 hp max). 

In DST you can cancel atack animations, in single player you keep doing the atack action so 1 milisec pressing F more than needed and you could die

2 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

just for being a ghost after die and the rework to the life giving amulet+ telltale heart+rollback is much less difficult than single player also in rog every season has his own "deerclops" meanwhile in dst you fight bosses when you are prepare.

The only way to revive in ds single player are the touchstone that revives you in the moment and not when someone prepares for you healing and a torch and the meat effigy which gives you a health penalty (imagine playing maxwell with 50 hp max). 

In DST you can cancel atack animations, in single player you keep doing the atack action so 1 milisec pressing F more than needed and you could die

I’m playing on Console, Hasn’t all attack animations across both DS solo and DST always been the same?? 

There are certain features that are in DST that are not part of Solo DS- Such as having Animals and Thermal Stones Spoil while in your Inventory.

So there’s certain features that are Harder across both DS Solo & DST.

But considering that DS Solo came out in 2013 and DST came out in 2017 (for Xbox One) there should obviously be MASSIVE advances between DS Solo & DST..

And HOPEFULLY throughout the course of 2020 & 2021 we will be getting those MASSIVE advances between Solo DS (2013) and DST (2017) As Should Be...

Then there’s the Nintendo console who are JUST now experiencing the DS Franchise AT ALL as late as April 12, 2018..

The TL:DR- DST is a Sequel that’s 4 to 5 years older than DS Solo, It’s about time that DST started to be treated as the Sequel it should’ve been years ago.

Return of Them, and these Great Character Refreshes seem to be advancing it towards that.

BD6C3BE4-E8A7-4A8F-8864-F62A2721D429.jpeg

9 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Animals in the inventory its a feature from the first days, the thermal stone its infinity but can be eaten by moogles (idk why they change it to dont be eaten) and gives so much less cold and warm. 

The atacks where always just F but in solo DS you cant cancel it

The character from ds are so much difficult. You dont have obedient abigail with op atack damage or willow her backguard (willow just burn your base if she low sanity), wormwood its set on fire for everything, etc

So yes, ds its so much difficult so pls think before quoting me with a walltext

Archived