Need help from automation experts

So, I've tried and tried, but I just can't figure out a configuration that works the way I want it to.  So I'm asking for help.

I've got a door pump at the bottom of my base to collect and compress the CO2.  I want to use a atmo sensor and a gas type sensor (set to CO2)

to control the automation.  So that the doors only pump if the area is fully CO2 and has enough pressure to make it safe to do so.

What I've got right now works, but everything is in reverse (I have to set the atmo sensor to turn on when the pressure is too low and set the gas type sensor to something other than CO2).  

I've tried various combinations of XOr, And, Or, buffer, filter, and multiple Not gates and just can't figure it out. It always either leaves the front door open (if I remove the not gate) or runs one cycle and then stays completely open (all 3 doors).

Help?

image.thumb.png.3bdd7d3c7fadba7ad1927de910cf41f3.png

image.thumb.png.a68d67d561059d5ad33244416998dbf6.png

You want to send a pulse and then suppress it until the whole door cycle is done.

The simplest way to do this is a memory cell that activates a buffer gate for the first door, but also a second buffer gate that continuously resets the cell (preventing reactivation) for a set time, approximately the same as cycle length.  It's bulky and probably has more gates than needed, but it's better to build things you understand than to copy things you don't.

@Soulwind One thing to be cautious about in your design is that your CO2 sensor is at the same level as the doors; meaning a random block of O2 (or other lighter than CO2 gas) could sneak in there quickly. I personally would move the CO2 sensors higher than the doors.

What I would do (not necessarily the optimal design) is this:

1. cycle the doors when ...
    • I find 10s/10s timer and fllter/buffer gates set to 5s work well for unpowered doors. The filter/buffer gates in series generally act as a delay gate to keep the second door a 5s delay of the first, and the third a 5s delay of the second.
  2. ... the sensor sees CO2 and ...
    • I added a 60s filter to ensure only CO2 is present. Assuming non-CO2 gas is seen, it will turn off this system for 60s, waiting for the CO2 levels to build up again.
  3. ... the atmospheric pressure is above (arbitrarily) 500g

Here's my suggested layout:

Spoiler

20200322125203_1.thumb.jpg.b20c2ff4a51469bc3efb326d4874c9bc.jpg

20200322125208_1.jpg.a7eb47177819218d3e3532b95c5af0cc.jpg

The biggest problem with this design is that the system will open/close the doors quickly if the pressure is near 500g because when the door opens and "half" of the CO2 goes into the door space, the sensor will drop and immediately close that door. Not a big deal as eventually it will reach sufficient pressure that it stays open. You could add a buffer gate to the atmo sensor of 10s so that the first door stays open for 10 seconds and ignores the drop in pressure.

Hope this gives you some additional ideas, cheers!

Archived