Space Scanners need more fine tuning

When a rocket is removed/deconstructed,   the  scanner defaults back to meteor scanning.  
PLEASE  do not do this.  It screws up with the rocket bay doors.

Please add in at  "nothing" option as default.   Upon building scanners, allow us to pick what to scan.

When fixing scanners, I'd like to see their range and what interferes with them... Even with ONI wiki advices (because the game doesn't tell you that... another fail...) setting up scanners and counting all the tiles is soooooo annoying...

Also, I'd move scanners to Rocketry tab, because they fit there better than in Automation, where are all the gates, sensors, cables... and random scanner

On 3/20/2020 at 5:13 PM, pether said:

I'd like to see their range and what interferes with them... Even with ONI wiki advices (because the game doesn't tell you that... another fail...) setting up scanners and counting all the tiles is soooooo annoying...

I believe there is a mod for this, which highlights the area the same way sweepers and auto-miners do. I think this should definitely be part of the vanilla game.

Archived