[Poll] On game activity and personal opinions

Questions on personal preference and voter's choice  

124 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you play Don't Starve Together?

• A lot ( 5-7 days a week )
    • Often ( 3-4 days a week )
    • Sometimes ( 1-2 days a week )
    • Rarely ( 0-1 days a week )
    • I haven't been playing lately
  2. 2. How many hours do you play per a single session?

3. 3. How often do you play with friends / other people?

• Almost every time I play DST
    • Often, but I will rarely play by myself
    • Sometimes, but most of the time I play alone
    • I almost exclusively play alone
  4. 4. What would cause you to play DST less often?

• Burnout / Playing too much
    • Stress / Anxiety
    • Boredom with the game or its gameplay
    • Lack of friends available to play with
    • Personal schedule conflict
    • Other ( list in the comments )
  5. 5. If given the option to add or change aspects of DST, which would you rather the focus be on?

• To change certain aspects of the game
    • To add certain features to the game
    • Both add and change certain aspects
    • None ( I am happy with the state of the game )
    • Other ( list in the comments )

On 3/8/2020 at 10:56 AM, ShadowDuelist said:

I feel it is not a game I can jump to the multiplayer for like 30 minutes (which sometimes is all the time for gaming I have) and leave, when I do that in public servers I feel I didnt really accomplish anything. I think to feel I did something, I need to have at least 2 hours to play.

So to actually advance at the game by playing very short periods of time, I have to play alone, and I'm sort of bored of playing alone (out of my 2500+ hours at least 70% was alone)

I'm still active at the forums discussions, and with twitch streamers communities. The fact that the game is still being developed, and that fans discussions has a large impact on the development of the game, keeps me very interested on the game overall. 

Sometimes, when I manage to make myself some free time I play on public servers, mostly teaching new players and laughing at the shenanigans that usually happen in pubs.

TL;DR: I never got bored of the game, I'm only bored of playing it alone, and I usually dont have enough time to do something meaningful in a casual pub server.

Being that I am yet another brick in the wall, with the exception of weekends I do not have much time available. That being said, this is my main game rn and I am fully plunged into it, only moving to others for a short break. Also to add on the multiplayer part, having no friends or people you know and can talk to on pubs is a double edged sword, you might get a wes that puts a scaled furnace in the smack middle of base in 1st autumn or a wigfrid who's constantly sleeping and eating at base, on the dedicated server end, you can have an admin that can get rid of non beneficial players or griefers but most of the time said admin leaves just at or by the end of winter, this also applies to pubs, most good team players play through winter and come spring they're out. This is truly a gorgeous and fun game to me and as it's been said the active community here in the forums/youtube/etc only makes it better. And finally of course Klei for making and continuing to make and work in this game.

PS. I am a PS4 player, just to clarify on my server statements

7 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

The TL:DR- I didn’t buy Don’t Starve, or DST for them to become PvP, And also didn’t buy either of them to become peaceful base building simulators where dying is pretty much meaningless.. I bought them to be Uncompromising Wilderness Survival games.

I don't think anyone is advocating for DST to become a PvP centric game.  Maybe I missed a comment.

What I do think is that there needs to be something I can feel I've accomplished even if I only have 15-20 minutes to play.  It would be nice for some features that get you into the game faster.  Right now the game kinda demands I play for  a few hours just to get things going - and that's even if I want to use console commands to just build things, because it still takes so much time to build them.

1 hour ago, Shosuko said:

What I do think is that there needs to be something I can feel I've accomplished even if I only have 15-20 minutes to play.  It would be nice for some features that get you into the game faster.  Right now the game kinda demands I play for  a few hours just to get things going - and that's even if I want to use console commands to just build things, because it still takes so much time to build them.

That's what I get out of Forge and Gorge mod servers, though I suppose that only works if you're playing on PC. And if you've picked a time of day when enough other people in your region want to do it.

4 hours ago, CameoAppearance said:

That's what I get out of Forge and Gorge mod servers, though I suppose that only works if you're playing on PC. And if you've picked a time of day when enough other people in your region want to do it.

Sounds like the solution could be “Mini-Games” things you can do for around 20-30 minutes and have fun and maybe even earn long term rewards by doing.. instead of Actually trying to find teams and set up play times for larger time consuming events.

To Clarify- Maybe a Forge Inspired Battle Arena Where the only weapon players can use is the Wooden Sign used by Pig King’s Champions In the PK Belt Mini-Game.. Except, Your on a Platform surrounded by Lava and the goal is to knock as many enemies off the ledge into lava as you can before you end up smacked in yourself in sort of a endless Survival mode till you fail.

Or a Gorge Inspired Mini-Game in the theme of the game Overcooked where you are tasked with cooking small meals for a Miniature Gnaw (could even just Replace Gnaw altogether with a Hungry Pig King.. or more hilariously a Hungry Mumsy because Goats eat everything anyway right?)

You know just Short little things players can do that don’t require hours upon hours of investment be put into them..

I feel your pain when it comes to feeling like you haven’t accomplished anything during short play sessions. But a game like DS being an open world Sandbox- HOW you choose to spend your time should be entirely up to you. For me- Just crafting Green Santa Hats fills my heart with much Joy- and I wear those.. even when it’s not Christmas Time.. or Winter!

(Don’t Judge.)

5 hours ago, Shosuko said:

I don't think anyone is advocating for DST to become a PvP centric game.  Maybe I missed a comment.

Use together plus, i think it still giving you a chest full of materials. Its made for veterans that wants to skip early game. I dont like it but o found in map edit in vanilla ds

Archived