Mod help "could not find asset...'file'.zip" but i don't know what to fix/edit

Hi there great people of this forum

first things first, i'm attempting to ''clone'' a basic mod, to change the art and items in it. following the instructions i saw in the dst files itselt, "start by choosing what you want to edit and copy/paste it, and edit to create my own mod" etc i did that.
edited all the images, no problem, if i try to just edit the ''visuals'' of vanilla things i can make them work ingame, BUT the problem is when i copy and paste the files to a new folder custom named to create a 'whole new mod'' which is the goal since i want to upload in the workshop and have my friends who play with me always actually ''see'' what i ''see'' here because i have a few vanilla things ''only visually edited'' in my 'personal dst files' replacing the 'vanilla' images, names, or proprieties, so only i can see the thing i've edited for fun but i'm trying to make them 'actual mods' so i can share with the friends in my server.
anywayy
this one i tried to start with is a kittykit, it has a special item 'catnip' 
i've edited all the images from the kittykit, and all the strings from the characters interaction with it, names, description etc, these worked already when i only messed around with the strings, and images on the original mod so only i could see it ingame like that, all other players would see the ''original art and dialogs'' from the original mod. since i haven't changed the 'file names'  ut since i'm trying to copy and edit to make a new mod, i have to change all the words to represent the 'new mod' like i've called it a 'black kitty' and all the images from the kitty i've changed the words to 'blackkitty' and all the ones which showed the word for the other custom item to ''catnip' since the new item i want to be a catnip pack. BUT then comes the error
it says it can't find the catnip.zip  but i've changed all the words to catnip, made sure it's all in .zip format because i've read in another question/forum this couldbe the problem, the file being in .rar format, or the files inside in a different format, but idk what to fix, there where 2 folders with this same name in the original mod, one 'exported' one, with a folder inside and a .zip inside this one, where there was a png, a animation and build xml inside and they're still there, only changed the image inside to a catnip, and the name to 'catnip' aswell and there's an anim folder with a catnip.zip inside with a anim and build .bin and a .png and .tex  '-' so i don't know what isn't being found to try to fix it nor which of these 2 folders with the same name is the one returning this error.

anyway the files are below.. i hope someone can help me, if i ran into this problem in the future maybe i can fix them aswell with some instructons given to this one.
i've tried searching for this inthe forum aswell but they weren't the same problem but with other file extensions and were fixed with other steps or insertings certain strings/codes in other files i even tried following a few but in the end the instructions didn't match my error so i ended up in the same place i've started so decided to ask here

the mod folder below, i've uploaded to my drive -i've never shared a link from there so if anyone can visualize/download the files just let me know i'll try to figure it out how to share it properly
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VpsSACHdpc1OMMez_5b9ucSIEpNN9VII

edit: adding a .zip of the whole mod itself,i though i coulnd't upload it directly in here but aparently it's possible haha
Blackkitty mod.zip

and the image log i got when trying to run a test world with this mod [as it's own standalone mod] activated

crash-mod-blkcat.thumb.png.8c604fde77a141477205e182f78ea89b.png

----._. i talk a lot, i know....sorry, but please bear with me....loveu already and thanks for the patience -----

Edited by jennyhk
adding mod folder

Hii <3 can i ask you a few things about it just so i can put my mind at ease and no go crazy trying to understand what went wrong? hahaha
because i've read a few forums while trying to 'fix' this mess xD and i've noticed a few things in the original mod itself [the one i've cloned even before i've changed Anything in the files/scripts] and now seing your fixed file it just made me doubt  even more the ''hoooow was it working before in the original mod if it was soupposed to look like this '-'?" 
so, the files was supposed to look like this one you've uploaded right? with a scml in the exported folder, a png which the compiler will read as the anim stuff, right?
and the files inside the other zip which was named as the 'prefab' they were supposed to represent not as 'atlas-0' but like as 'wares-0' etc
so when i started 'replacing every word like this with the words i was gonna use like the itemand the critter name i was thinking if i replace everything the way it is in this mod nothing should break
xD but now i just wanna know if ANY of this previous things could indeed 'break' the mod? or what was indeed wrong with it that i've messed up while changing? since the original mod didn't crash like this even with this ''strangelly arranged'' files inside that i tought shouldn'd look like that in the first place '-'
sorry to bother you even more i'm just super curious about what was indeed wrong xD
-i'm still reading all the fixed code to compare with the broken  one to see if i learn something with it i just wanted to ask about the couple first files in there since they were already ones that were making me confused in the first place in the original-

the files was supposed to look like this one you've uploaded right? with a scml in the exported folder, a png which the compiler will read as the anim stuff, right?

I have redone 'exported' folder (because content of this folder is then compressed into .zip inside 'anim' folder [which usually contains anim.bin, build.bin and atlas-0.tex]) and changed the third line inside of catnip.lua just to be sure. This one:

Asset("ANIM", "anim/catnip.zip"),

''hoooow was it working before in the original mod if it was soupposed to look like this '-'?"

Sometimes older mods act unpredictable.

the files inside the other zip which was named as the 'prefab' they were supposed to represent not as 'atlas-0' but like as 'wares-0' etc

Generally, autocompiler (the program from Steam->"Don't Starve Mod Tools") takes exported and packs it into anim, so everytime you run the game autocompiler will 'refresh' modified anim.zip into one that matches folder from 'exported'.

now i just wanna know if ANY of this previous things could indeed 'break' the mod? or what was indeed wrong with it that i've messed up while changing? since the original mod didn't crash like this even with this ''strangelly arranged'' files inside that i tought shouldn'd look like that in the first place '-'

It's strange indeed, but I bet my limited knowledge might be confusing, so I won't develop this topic just not to fool around XD

sorry to bother you even more i'm just super curious about what was indeed wrong xD

Don't worry. I am trying to explain it at my best, but my english is quite...well you see.

• Like 1

Thank you so very much for the quick reply and the patience with me 
it's not like i wanna became a modder nor anything i'm just a 'super curious foolish crazy person'  xD i end up messing around with things just to understand it myself and then when i succeed at doing at least one thing..... i just move on and never even do another 'of whatever i was trying to figure out' ever again xD i always end up with a bunch of files/mods/textures etc on my computer taking up half of the space
last time i went crazy about doing textures for skyrim and ended up with around 200gb of stuff xD and never backed up, in the end, my computer fryed and i lost it all and never even uploaded the stuff anywhere xD that's my life AHAHHAHAHA and now i'm obsessed with changing stuff on dst 
[i sense madness around the corner already]

but it's cool to stay curious i guess xD 
thanks again, you're a sweetie, hope you have a reall nice weekend and have fun >u<