Ultra low powered electrolizer

this uses  the waterfall pump and the bead pump.   gas pump in H is not installed yet goes in left top were H is.

will make up too 1000kg in O2 room before it goes over pressure let a bit out and  it will work again.

let me know what you think first post here so i might have put in wrong location

image.thumb.png.39ab9bdebb40f8a0ea47472c85733af9.png

I was thinking a build where you just open a door on a high pressure oxygen room could be interesting.

I think the EZ-Bead isn't the best call here though, as the the beads are not alternating bead-gas-bead-gas.  I think the standard bead pump is better for this purpose, especially on the hydrogen.  I suspect that, after a while, the hydrogen pressure will be great enough to push out of the system.  If you are using debug, try painting 1000000 kg hydrogen in the hydrogen storage chamber.

48 minutes ago, psusi said:

How does the oxygen make it past the drop of pwater in the corner?  Also when the door closes the water keeps building up above it wasting some pump power.  Would be nice to stop that.

I believe that is a liquid bypass pump.

The pump power should be negligible.  The valves are set to 10g/s (they could be less or more, but the math is easy this way), it would need to pump 1 second out of every 1000, so each bead pump would take 0.24 W of power, so a total of 0.48 W of power for the two bead pumps.  But a shutoff valve could be used to reduce that.

3 hours ago, toesis said:

liquid vents stop working at 1000kg which is a huge amount.

the bead pump and water fall pump were founding methods  to make this work just making it  usefull

image.png.2a10a9aa97f1d2a29569798e793c0320.png

That isn't actually the problem that I think I see, though it is a problem.  The issue I am slightly concerned about is backflow.  Since the beads have 5 tiles separating them, a fraction of the hydrogen from the upper chamber can leak down in to the lower chamber.  This amount would be proportional to the amount of hydrogen in the upper chamber.  This means that there will come a point where the pressure in the upper chamber is too high and that backflow would shut off the electrolyzers and potentially flood your base with hydrogen. 

1 hour ago, Zarquan said:

That isn't actually the problem that I think I see, though it is a problem.  The issue I am slightly concerned about is backflow.  Since the beads have 5 tiles separating them, a fraction of the hydrogen from the upper chamber can leak down in to the lower chamber.  This amount would be proportional to the amount of hydrogen in the upper chamber.  This means that there will come a point where the pressure in the upper chamber is too high and that backflow would shut off the electrolyzers and potentially flood your base with hydrogen. 

As mentioned in the OP, the intention is to pump the gas from that chamber.  I think the point of the bead pumps in this build is to quickly and efficiently relocate the produced gasses to allow the electrolizer to continue to operate.

Very nice build @toesis

1 minute ago, Nitroturtle said:

As mentioned in the OP, the intention is to pump the gas from that chamber.  I think the point of the bead pumps in this build is to quickly and efficiently relocate the produced gasses to allow the electrolizer to continue to operate.

That's why I'm only slightly concerned.

it is not easy to understand bead pumps and waterfall pumps. im still wrapping my head around aall teh mechanics.

this was just a example on how it worked trying this out in sand box and understand how it works is best done in sandbox.

then go build it in game and see what you get i find this very helpfull for co2 as well

Archived