Kur0u's Doodles

Kur0u

5 hours ago, minespatch said:

Beezlebeast is a perfect name, fits the game. 

I was thinking of a horse, dog, beefalo hybrid from hell and while thinking about names I thought about Wildebeest so it just clicked.

3 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

Your ideas are always so delightful!! I would love to see your takes on more biomes like this.

Thank you so much! I'm remaking my Waterlogged critters and flora and will be adding more stuff to that biome soon. I love the concept of a Wetland area, working on it is a delight on it's own. Also planning on creating more stuff for the Desert.

Also.
Survivors beware.

bat.thumb.png.0fc4054f3c57a905e858d62e29e0a2dc.png

• Like 5
  • Health 1
  • GL Happy 2

13 hours ago, minespatch said:

Electric bat?

Giving Chiropmera/Mantilisk/Manticorelisk a slap of updated look, even though it's just a sketch. I find it much more satisfying and true to details with the fine line brush. Also if I remember correctly his initial look had yellow/orange eyes, I changed it to red to signify a more dangerous aspect to this creature. This bat always had a scorpion tail in my mind but now I'm not sure if I want to keep that feature as no other mob in dst have such limb which in turn wouldn't make sense as a Manticore, gosh this is hard, it's hurting my brain. He was supposed to be a mix of mobs. Anyway.

Little bit of lore: It's a caves only boss, small chance to be found around Guano Turf. Initially asleep and will shine glowing red eyes if approached. Initiates battle if disturbed. Summons Batlisks at 70% and 20% Health. Hitting it with Electric weapons will charge it's horns making him a lot more powerful. Inflicts Bunpyrism (Hahaha I just thought of that) to Bunnymen turning them feral, even attacking it's own kind. No cheese. Pigs, Merms and Spiders aren't affected.

Updating some Waterlogged things.

Floodmingo. More details, cleaner lines. Changed his flower plumes into a water lily which makes a lot more sense to be in the water.

Floodmingo.thumb.png.bf80124d291bcec15dd883ca51a35736.png

Plants and Fungi. Cleaner lines, simple redesign, better sense of perspective.

Waterloogedplants.thumb.png.81743106e130b073c921fc5ab6629d06.png

Calamatree. More details, better overall look.

Calamatree.thumb.png.965ca28325b6dd4a15f33156cf1b864e.png

• Like 7
  • Health 1
  • GL Happy 1

How it's going.

Waterloggedbiome.thumb.png.890bcbb2f16baef06f9b089fa3f648bb.png

Lily Ponds! yay.
Ponds base les go. Oh maybe I should draw a butterfly counterpart for the Lilies, a real dragonfly maybe? Already made a Curlyfly for the Savanna dammit.

Bullfroggo rams you instead of tongue slap. Thank you @Lunabuns for the idea!

Croaker comes out during the night to sing.

Weeping Willow.

Spoiler

thiccc-trump.gif.0b03b69705dd2ca1b898aefd4f04c2dc.gif

NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES

Shelladon. Get ready for this big badboi. His arena is his own Shell! Starts out with just one head and more come out during the fight. Your goal is to not let all 4 heads surface, or else it's game over. Your reward if you defeat such mythical beast: The Shell Boat, completely indestructible for all your sloppy boat maneuvers.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Health 1
  • GL Happy 1

i’ve said it before, but i’ll say it again - i love your creative mind! it’s always a delight to see what you’ll think up next. oh, how i wish all of this were a real thing in-game! i’d want lily clusters all around our base and to wear a lily flower garland.

• Health 1

Not really working on anything dst related lately...
Watching Rhovious stream, we were talking about Wanda and her time magic. I remember a long time ago thinking it would be lovely to have the Eye of Agamotto as a Construction Amulet skin when I was rewatching Marvel's Endgame. That was a looong time ago. The thought of it never died though so here it is I guess.

Eyeofagamotto.png.3d6c18731376f892ba1cc23c371aa616.png

• Like 5
  • Health 1
  • GL Happy 2

On 9/17/2021 at 3:13 AM, minespatch said:

Great! Apparently there's a theory that the green gem represents time now.

I thought that was always the case! Like every gem represents some kind of power.

Been kind of busy with the boats.

Rustic and Driftwood variant.
Victorian on bottom left.
Boating.thumb.png.e338517b39848bcb8542c68e7c79657d.png

Thinking about a pirate one. But I need to come up with a sketch first.

• Like 6
  • Health 1
  • GL Happy 1

5 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I like the cross design. Practical in it's design.

That's something I never took in consideration. I have no idea if this thing would float or sink in real life haha. I should study some more practical stuff before coming with weird ideas like that. But what I'm thinking right now is that it would probably be a nightmare to implement with all those gaps, or not. What do I know about game development.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2020 at 1:56 PM, Kur0u said:

Also I thought about this batboss causing some sort of curse to the player and bunnymen, like vampirism to challenge lycanthropy from pigmen.

I might draw what Bunnymen will look like with the curse. Demanding you to find a cure or kill the boss for a potion or something.

Damn son, it only took one and a half year.

Beware, beware, the Bunpyre is coming to suck the juices out of your tomatoes.

Bunpyre.thumb.png.ce476a11200f710333a4e29a2d3fe81d.png

• Like 2
  • Health 1
  • GL Happy 1
  • Potato Cup 1

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

Would love that in the game by the devs.

I have this idea in my head and would love to turn these into mods. I should be reading coding dammit, it's so hard to balance the time. I'll also be turning merms into a hallowed theme version thanks to a suggestion from a friend.

Here's something to go with it.
The Champion Of Autumn Set. Stats still pending.

• Bearserker Helmet (Headgear)
  • Bearserker Coat (Body Armor)
  • Bearserker Bite (Amulet)
  • Bearserker Claw (Weapon)

Championofautumm.thumb.png.e7815d942a568d922e5ce01e5acbd563.png

Also sketch for the next champion set, Champion Of Winter.
With or without eyes and horns?
Aw shiet, I forgot to check how these would look on an actual character.

Edit
Oh heeey, it doesn't look bad at all.
Aw shiet v2, Wilson grows a beard, that's gonna look wonky.

bearserker.png.b20770a349f80f11617904c9074e9c1c.png

Edited by Kur0u
  • Like 4
  • Health 1
  • GL Happy 1
  • Potato Cup 1

Hm guess I forgot to post these finished. Oh well.

Champions.thumb.png.6bffbb658b00d74e443a818d4c24cf68.png

Also this one I colored eons ago but didn't quite like how it turned out. Need to update those sloppy lines and shadows, feels kind of dead to me.

Creets.png.50c9dbd80ab129c91dcb5c915fb2849c.png

• Like 4
  • Health 1
  • GL Happy 2