Can't start the game

I've been playing ONI and having lots of fun, but suddenly I can't start the game and I'm not sure why.
I even tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling, but it still won't start.

Whenever I click "Play" on the steam launcher, it usually shows the Klei logo, but I never actually get to the menu to start my colony. There was a window that popped up that had the dupe face on it and said unity. Not sure what that means.

Also, one of the things I read said that I should "verify the integrity of game files". When I try to do that, it stays at 0% forever.

ONI won't start.jpg

29 minutes ago, Wander Trico said:

DxDiag.txt

Is this the right file?

OUTPUT LOG

In order to find your game's output_log.txt file: 
- Open up your Windows Explorer, and on the address bar (to the left of the search bar) copy and paste the following text and press Enter:
%appdata%\..\locallow\klei\Oxygen Not Included

- This will take you to the Oxygen Not Included log folder where you will find the output_log.txt file.

1 hour ago, Wander Trico said:

I don't mean to seem impatient, but how long does it usually take for one of the developers to respond to these kind of things?

I think the consensus is that this bug was caused by anti-virus software.  I know my Avast was causing problems for me.  Perhaps you should check your anti-virus too see if it is blocking ONI.

On 2/17/2020 at 10:42 PM, Zarquan said:

I think the consensus is that this bug was caused by anti-virus software.  I know my Avast was causing problems for me.  Perhaps you should check your anti-virus too see if it is blocking ONI.

It worked, I was able to start the game up. Thanks. =)

Archived