My Anti-Lag Presets

Just now, Duck986 said:

What is your processor that you set the worldgen settings like that?

I don't understand these things, I only know DST runs on my computer.

But it transformed my gameplay, and now I find the ruins very early, not to mention that I have to manage the Flints.

Because if I run out of flint I won't be able to continue playing, there are three basic tools;

Shovel;
Axe;
Pickaxe.

I couldn't play the game without them.

And now I use more luxurious tools.

I removed the sticks, because the game is lighter.

And I had nothing to do with so much tree seed, not to mention that 80 trees is already too much for me, so now I can get sticks digging seedlings.

And I spawn more treeguards which is good for me.

I use mods too.

DST lags a lot because it Auto-saves itself Frequently, if Klei would remove Auto Save & let the player Manually Save this would Fix 90% of all Lag.

However there is a problem that Dedicated Servers have to Auto-Save (Those type of Servers STILL Do NOT Exist on Xbox One by the Way..) Because it can not process each player saving the game.

HOWEVER on XBOX ONE it is an Entirely DIFFERENT Story- At the Time Of this post there ISN’T Any Dedicated Servers- Therefore.. Servers on XBOX are ran only by a “Host Player”

And that Session only stays Active for as long as the Host Player is playing the Game.. when the Host Player LEAVES the game it closes the entire server for the other 5 players in the game.

(Yes Xbox is limited to only 6 Players Total.. but that’s beside the point.)

The Point is- Since Theres no such thing as Dedicated Servers AND all of the Content (in an Xbox One world) is ran from a HOST Players Save Files then there should DEFIANTLY be a way of Disabling Auto-Save so that ONLY the Host Player (the owner of the world..) Can Choose when to save the game. 

This would stop me from lagging right back into the center of a pack of Hellhounds that I had already ran away from once.

It's mostly not the stuff set in worldgen options but the one that gets stockpiled overtime. As a general rule, try not to let stuff be lying on the ground at all. Stuff that lies across the world makes server lag and stuff that lies densely like at base also makes clients lag. General suggestions:

1. Always keep the ground clean. If you have spider hats, boss sketches, empty backpacks, rot, tools, hound teeth, bone shards, bee stingers or other junk anywhere in your world get rid of them. Use up tools till you have 1 of each left. burn rot and backpacks, feed everything else to eyeplants. Throw flint to the water.

2. Don't make too many structures, especially close to each other. I usually don't make drying racks and farms at all.

3. Avoid plants, mobs and structures that constantly or often run animation. For example, farms have several growth stages and run an animation switching between them. Stone fruits keep growing and discarding fruit all the time, so I don't even move them to the base anymore, at least don't have more than 6-8 bushes. Moleworms underground moving animation is very laggy and they are usually the reason why cave bases have so much lag. Don't have too many moleworms and dig up the burrows periodically because the stuff they stored here also contributes to lag. Bull Kelps are the worst of all, always running idle animation when grown. If you have planted some near your base, don't be surprised that you have lag.

4. Grass geckos should not be kept close to places where you often pass through. They should also not be startled by other mobs like chester, pigs or bunnymen. The grass that they drop doesn't auto-stack like rot or hound teeth, so if you are not careful you will have hundreds of cut grass dropped densely one by one in no time that you'll never get to use and will have a hard time collecting.

5. Twiggy trees are a plague to the world. Even disease is not hated enough compared to them. Each tree drops 2-3 twigs around itself, and there are perhaps a thousand of these trees across each world. However, they can't spawn on artificial turfs and rocky turf, so try to cover up their spawn areas with those turfs.

5 minutes ago, shadowDigga said:

It's mostly not the stuff set in worldgen options but the one that gets stockpiled overtime. As a general rule, try not to let stuff be lying on the ground at all. Stuff that lies across the world makes server lag and stuff that lies densely like at base also makes clients lag. General suggestions:

1. Always keep the ground clean. If you have spider hats, boss sketches, empty backpacks, rot, tools, hound teeth, bone shards, bee stingers or other junk anywhere in your world get rid of them. Use up tools till you have 1 of each left. burn rot and backpacks, feed everything else to eyeplants. Throw flint to the water.

2. Don't make too many structures, especially close to each other. I usually don't make drying racks and farms at all.

3. Avoid plants, mobs and structures that constantly or often run animation. For example, farms have several growth stages and run an animation switching between them. Stone fruits keep growing and discarding fruit all the time, so I don't even move them to the base anymore, at least don't have more than 6-8 bushes. Moleworms underground moving animation is very laggy and they are usually the reason why cave bases have so much lag. Don't have too many moleworms and dig up the burrows periodically because the stuff they stored here also contributes to lag. Bull Kelps are the worst of all, always running idle animation when grown. If you have planted some near your base, don't be surprised that you have lag.

4. Grass geckos should not be kept close to places where you often pass through. They should also not be startled by other mobs like chester, pigs or bunnymen. The grass that they drop doesn't auto-stack like rot or hound teeth, so if you are not careful you will have hundreds of cut grass dropped densely one by one in no time that you'll never get to use and will have a hard time collecting.

5. Twiggy trees are a plague to the world. Even disease is not hated enough compared to them. Each tree drops 2-3 twigs around itself, and there are perhaps a thousand of these trees across each world. However, they can't spawn on artificial turfs and rocky turf, so try to cover up their spawn areas with those turfs.

All of this just sounds like Klei needs to add a Beaver mob or Termite mob into the game that eats this crap if it’s left Setting around too long.

Termites would just show up and eat it away like ashes..

The Beaver Mob on the other hand would be something similar to Skittersquid (Those hop on/around shore and eat nearby fish clearing them out)

Beaver would come ashore, gather wood, twigs, pinecones, etc and carry it back into the Ocean depths.

1 hour ago, shadowDigga said:

4. Grass geckos .. should also not be startled ..The grass that they drop doesn't auto-stack like rot or hound teeth, so if you are not careful you will have hundreds of cut grass dropped densely one by one in no time that you'll never get to use and will have a hard time collecting.

I wish Klei would address these 2 things in future updates: Grass Gekkos spawn naturally from start in some worlds and tend to accumulate in certain areas that might be close to bases, frequented roads or mobs like pigs, and contribute to lag - admittedly one can do things to prevent mentioned problem; but the Twiggy Trees and mostly Rot... those should definitely be corrected somehow. Perhaps via certain forms of disease (yeah, not very popular, more so as disease as a mechanic wasn't flashed out properly) or through various mobs consuming Rot and/or Twigs. Even if twigs/rot stack-up they still pose lag problems. For rot there could be implemented an additional late-stage process, like it being dissolved after 30-40 days on ground or when it rains.

Archived