Add canister filler automation

How about changing it that dupes empty the filler by themselves when there's a bottle emptier set to "Enable auto-bottle" with the gas from inside the filler?

It's tiring having to click "empty storage" over and over again to fill a room with hydrogen without wanting to snake a pipe to that spot.

5 hours ago, Turalyon said:

How about changing it that dupes empty the filler by themselves when there's a bottle emptier set to "Enable auto-bottle" with the gas from inside the filler?

You can put a gas bottle emptier after a weight plate that closes doors leading to it. Dupes will try to deliver the gas bottles and leave it on the plate.

15 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

You can put a gas bottle emptier after a weight plate that closes doors leading to it. Dupes will try to deliver the gas bottles and leave it on the plate.

I really have no idea what that would achieve. My point is that dupes don't get a bottle out of the filler. I manually have to click on the filler and hit the "Empty storage" button so a dupe runs to it and take the bottle out of the filler and puts it on the floor.

So, when I build a small room and I want to fill it with a certain gas to avoid having to snake a pipe there, it's very annoying to do.

13 hours ago, Turalyon said:

I really have no idea what that would achieve. My point is that dupes don't get a bottle out of the filler. I manually have to click on the filler and hit the "Empty storage" button so a dupe runs to it and take the bottle out of the filler and puts it on the floor.

So, when I build a small room and I want to fill it with a certain gas to avoid having to snake a pipe there, it's very annoying to do.

If you set an emptier to accept the gas stored in the filler they will remove it from the filler. If you make them unable to reach the emptier once they pick up the bottles they will drop them on the ground.

The same design was used for polluted oxygen production out of polluted water bottles. I`ll try to find that later.

On 28.2.2020 at 12:02 AM, Sasza22 said:

If you set an emptier to accept the gas stored in the filler they will remove it from the filler.

And that's exactly what doesn't happen. Enough gas is in the filler, the emptier is set to enable auto bottle and the correct gas is chosen. Only when the bottle is already on the floor do the dupes pick it up and deliver it to the emptier, so the way isn't blocked.

But they're not getting it out of the filler (which is another job in itself) unless I manually click the "Empty Storage" button.

7 hours ago, Turalyon said:

And that's exactly what doesn't happen. Enough gas is in the filler, the emptier is set to enable auto bottle and the correct gas is chosen. Only when the bottle is already on the floor do the dupes pick it up and deliver it to the emptier, so the way isn't blocked.

Weird, it used to work for me. Didn`t try it in a while though. Maybe it broke somehow.

On 2/13/2020 at 6:42 PM, Sasza22 said:

The problem is that would make strong gas too easy. You could store infinite amounts of gas in canicsters on a single tile.

But unlimited gas storage already can be done with as litter as a vent and a bit of liquids. canicsters at least require a more specialized branch of research.

Archived