Handling one gigantic colony with just 1 player is tough to manage. Therefore I request Multiplayer Co-op feature for Oxygen Not Included similar to Prison Architect's co-op style where players can help each other build the entire base.  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Let us hear other answers from the community

• I want the implementation of Multiplayer Co-op
    • I deny the implementation of Multiplayer Co-op

Handling one gigantic colony with just 1 player is tough to manage.

Therefore I request Multiplayer Co-Op feature for Oxygen Not Included similar to Prison Architect's co-op style,

5e45460a3d944_PRISONARCHITECTCO-OPOXYGENNOTINCLUDEDREQUEST.thumb.jpg.7a449834cd8feb2bfc3a2dd29ab7da53.jpg

where players can help each other build the entire base or multiple bases to run together.

I have my little sister who really likes to play Oxygen Not Included too and enabling her to join my colony as if playing

Overcooked_Logo.thumb.png.90a49cd2fa9e106f21fefcfb1ad8d7c8.png

is a lot of fun!

overcooked-wallpaper-3.thumb.jpg.56ac9510d60eeda4652b8c9494912a56.jpg

Games generally have to be built from the ground up for multiplayer functionality. The problem is a hundred times more difficult when there's a gigantic simulation engine to deal with. 

If you are looking for a quick fix the best option is probably some kind of remote streaming PC, where the main PC does all the heavy lifting and the remote connections essentially interact with a video. It won't be a pretty experience by any measure, but it remains within mortal reach.

I came here to make this exact post!  And good early idea Bob!

Same was said about DS about the ground up, eh, they could code ONI MP "ez pz".

I asked for DS MP way way way back and now its the only way I'll play!  DST is the bomb!

I get ONI is a different beast, but Klei generates such compelling and great gameplay, it really almost doesn't matter what Klei make; it needs multiplayer :joy:

~~~~~~~~~

I get that the vote for NO on MP is either an ideological crusade (that needs to be given up...) or a sincere desire to see resources placed at new content for SP.  Klei ofc knows that as well.

So!!  We are indeed out here Klei!  When you folks run out of ideas to DLC in, throw the MP community a bone! :D  I know on my friends list alone there's easily 5-6 sales, and a lot of fun memories to be had.

~~~~~~~~~

My hope is that we'd get both the Prison Arc style of co-op as well as *gasp* a way to give a player full control of a duplicate, could even center a mode around there where that duplicate has higher requirements for morale/needs.  I've had the idea before, but the inspiration for the post was my currently drunk Swedish friend who I'd love to just let loose in the base and cause havoc.  He'd either buy the game, or I'd gift it ;D

I crushed my skull from facepalming so hard. DS is begging for MP and is very good game for MP experience. ONI is NOT even slightest designed for MP.

If ONI is tough to manage... then play more and get better. Watch guides and learn tips and tricks from pros if you don't want to find them yourself.

On 5/3/2020 at 8:29 PM, cpy said:

I crushed my skull from facepalming so hard. DS is begging for MP and is very good game for MP experience. ONI is NOT even slightest designed for MP.

If ONI is tough to manage... then play more and get better. Watch guides and learn tips and tricks from pros if you don't want to find them yourself.

Dude thats a very unconstructive way of replying to a suggestion, you are free to not agree to it but to go as far as to use the "git gud" toxic kind of reply is very unnecesary.

Also you are not a developers representative so you dont have the authorithy to decide whether this can be implemented or not.

I too dont want to see this implemented but in my case its because of the developing resources that would have to be poured into it (i would rather have more content)

Archived