Long-lasting Twitch drops abuse

Hi!

I am sad to start that topic and don't really want to instigate a mess but it's time to take some actions. For the period from Drops stuff appearance (September 2018), we have a lot of new streamers at DST category on the Twitch and even more viewers. So, it's an amazing way to get a new audience and promote channels and game itself but there are several possibilities how to do that. That's very pitty, that one certain person decided to play so unfair. I mean a russian streamer mocbka34.

In the beginning, there was a 24/7 streaming, after gaining Twitch partnership it's become 24/7 records streaming with the desired outcome - account ban for AFK steaming. After several posts here and personal conversation, Drops were put back but that person still shows offensive behaviour. As new Drops are announced he mystically appears in the DST category and stays there for the first week or two. As VOD doesn't provide any benefits, he decided to use family members/friend/whoever they are to steam all day around. Also, everything on the channel was set that way, to become more comfortable for drops farming (mean commands for time check). And now he even didn't hush up with all that stuff, writing in the title that would be on the Twitch for the drops 24/7 at least 20 days. 

image.png.7edd0a73864e4f0de0f376d0ba204f52.png

I am not a streamer, just a viewer but it's so sad for me to see how one person presses down other, not only russian but also international, streamers. I hope, that some measures would be taken or otherwise such behaviour is eligible and normal, which is for sure not.

And so? If you don't like it it doesn't mean it's against the rules
calling this "unfair" is very subjective, you can't ban people because of something like this :/

There's no afk streams on his channel now and as said above there's nothing wrong with letting someone to play on your stream

The No AFK streaming thing... does that apply to only the person Streaming or does it Also apply to the person Watching?

Because I AFK while Watching for free Twitch drops, I don’t care AT ALL to Actually sit and watch someone else play the game for 6 Hours.

MoCbka34 doesn't AFK stream. He goes real hard after new item drops become available and runs the stream 24/7 streaming himself as long as he possibly can and then has friends and family take over when he needs rest. It's a bit overkill, but I think that's his choice. Where as AFK streaming isn't fair to other streamers who are putting in the work to create content.

12 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

The No AFK streaming thing... does that apply to only the person Streaming or does it Also apply to the person Watching?

Because I AFK while Watching for free Twitch drops, I don’t care AT ALL to Actually sit and watch someone else play the game for 6 Hours.

Nothing I can really do about that - hopefully the streamer you watch is entertaining enough that maybe you stick around. But that's up to them and up to you. 

The intention here is to encourage people to check out some of our streamers out there who are out there doing cool things every day and maybe some people will find streamer they like. Maybe they won't. But if you just pop over there and collect your items and leave, that's up to you. 

14 minutes ago, JoeW said:

MoCbka34 doesn't AFK stream. He goes real hard after new item drops become available and runs the stream 24/7 streaming himself as long as he possibly can and then has friends and family take over when he needs rest. It's a bit overkill, but I think that's his choice. Where as AFK streaming isn't fair to other streamers who are putting in the work to create content.

Nothing I can really do about that - hopefully the streamer you watch is entertaining enough that maybe you stick around. But that's up to them and up to you. 

The intention here is to encourage people to check out some of our streamers out there who are out there doing cool things every day and maybe some people will find streamer they like. Maybe they won't. But if you just pop over there and collect your items and leave, that's up to you. 

Well my reasoning is that watching a streamer play could possibly spoil something I haven’t experienced for Myself yet, so I simply don’t watch other people playing the game, I like to experience and learn things at my own pace.

Like for example if someone joins my game using Boomerangs in a Creative way to Kite a particular mob towards them.. and I See that, I learn that.. but watching a Stream for 6 hours you’d learn far too much far too quickly.

I don't like to dig myself into twitch drama as there is plenty of that all the time..but I really REALLY do appreciate when viewers of the community actually care more than just "turn stream on, afk for drops". 

Unfortunately, this really has been a problem for awhile now.  This particular streamer has been doing this since at least late 2018.  As long as he is not cheating though, its okay.  It is very discouraging behavior though for other streamers.  I personally streamed hard so I understand and give props to other streamers who work really hard.  I worked 8+ hr day and then streamed 8 hrs for 4 months every day.  I slept somewhere between 2 and 6 hrs a day trying to get my name out there.  I also couldn't stream during day time targeting the ideal English speakers of the west.  Being a really late night English streamer, I was able to bring together the night owls of the west, morning people of Europe, and the English speakers of Asia.  It was really awesome.  According to twitch metric websites, I was able to hit the most watched English streamer for DST during the reruns phase of Carnival skins.  I did drop to 2nd and 3rd here and there...but I did have to take care of my health.

Things got really bad though in early 2019 as there was a crazy obvious afk streamer who was just replaying recorded videos without using twitch's replay feature.  This was probably reported by a LOT of people from what I was told...but the person went on to create a mess for awhile.  Metrics showed really funky things for that streamer.  In all honesty, a few streamers had metrics that were abnormal.  I just hope the reason was DST getting popular, specifically during NA mornings, and not view botting.  Unforunately, view botting is a plague on twitch the past year or two.  Anyways, the crazy obvious afk streamer finally got the drops taken away and went to exploit some other game.

I absolutely love the DST community and have been able to help other streamers.  Many other streamers went on to become much larger than I.  A few other streamers and I were able to create a community with 6+ active discords.  Unfortunately, I became more or less mentally unable to stream (read: exhausted...tired).  In addition, I was spending more money than earning despite full time streaming.  A few other streamers and I were able to create a community with 6+ active discords.  We have amazing players throughout the US, EU, and Asia playing together because they met on twitch.  Twitch is amazing at building communities.  However, I repeatedly see drops being taken advantage of BUT this is okay.  It helps smaller viewers attract more people!  The unfortunate part is when larger streamers who stop streaming DST suddenly come back and monopolize the drops.  Its caused a lot of people to stop streaming twitch and you can kind of see as the metrics go up and down insanely.  Unfortunately, there is no solution.  I'm glad twitch drops are enabled for all streamers as many other games only have sponsored streamers give out drops!

Yes, it’s one thing when your family can play and help.  But the fact that he pays people to play for him is looking for random people to keep online and earn money from drops.  And later, when he falls to activities, he throws the game until the next drops.  Even now, he complained that the ads were bad and he won’t get any money, and online is low and it makes no sense to stream dst.  Is it normal ?  There are so many wonderful and interesting streamers that simply cannot become more popular because of such a person.

On 1/23/2020 at 6:25 PM, Mike23Ua said:

Well my reasoning is that watching a streamer play could possibly spoil something I haven’t experienced for Myself yet, so I simply don’t watch other people playing the game, I like to experience and learn things at my own pace.

Like for example if someone joins my game using Boomerangs in a Creative way to Kite a particular mob towards them.. and I See that, I learn that.. but watching a Stream for 6 hours you’d learn far too much far too quickly.

I don't get how seeing a stream and learning how to play better is cheating . 

That's like watching YouTube videos on how to beat certain bosses in dst and wanting to take down their videos cuz it's 'too helpful' and not letting people learn on their own. 

If you wanna be good at something you practice, ask questions and do research. Watching vids or streams is up to the individual lol. Not you.  

Now if the guy afk streams for fake viewers that's different.

3 hours ago, Simplyee said:

I don't get how seeing a stream and learning how to play better is cheating . 

That's like watching YouTube videos on how to beat certain bosses in dst and wanting to take down their videos cuz it's 'too helpful' and not letting people learn on their own. 

If you wanna be good at something you practice, ask questions and do research. Watching vids or streams is up to the individual lol. Not you.  

Now if the guy afk streams for fake viewers that's different.

I mean, it’s a matter of how you choose to play the game- I still do not know all the food recipes, I’ve Barely explored the Ruins Areas, I’ve built boats and messed around with that a little bit.

But as far as watching some dude online telling me to craft certain items, and go do certain things I don’t watch that..

When I first discovered Bee Queen it wasn’t because I watched YouTube Videos on it, it was because I happened to be playing as Willow while examining it, so I did exactly what her Quote said to do with it.

Klei doesn’t add all these character quotes into the game expecting that any and all new content that is added to their game will be looked up on their Wiki and then Streamed on Twitch. 

Somethings, Such as limited time events you can’t help but to look up help on- Otherwise I would’ve had a Christmas tree with no lights on it throughout Wintersfeast.

Exploration and Experimentation are a large bit of this game, you remove that and all that’s left is trivial resource gathering.

Archived