Compact Bathroom Loop

48 minutes ago, Janellope said:

BBQ eaten in a great hall is 14 by itself... My dupes are eating Surf n' Turf so they get +18. +8 from skill interests. Washroom, bedroom, and 'being a duplicant' is another +5. They get +3 for a 4 shift break. I just started decor so they are only getting +1 from that.

Why so much break time?  You could get rid of one of those and still have more than enough time for a shower and net +2 morale.  You could probably cut down to 2 shift break ( that's what I run ) and still have time for a shower and end up with +1 morale and a good bit more time to work.

The break time is for the dupes to get back to the base. once I have tubes running I will cut that back down but since I only run 2 slots for sleep they need to be back and finished eating before bed time. I likely could cut it back now but even without it... I simply don't need to waste time on morale.

Edit:

Also, a shower takes a little over an entire block of time... that's more then a full block of time wasted every cycle for a measly 3 morale.

Edit:

I watched them and sure enough I can cut out another break. so 3 shift break, 2 sleep, and no shower time... that's just enough for them to return, pee, eat, and sleep... A full 19 blocks of hard labor.

1 hour ago, Janellope said:

Also, a shower takes a little over an entire block of time... that's more then a full block of time wasted every cycle for a measly 3 morale.

No, it only takes 30 seconds, or half a block.  I wonder if putting a light next to the shower makes it go faster?

15 minutes ago, psusi said:

No, it only takes 30 seconds, or half a block.  I wonder if putting a light next to the shower makes it go faster?

A block is 25 sec. 24 blocks at 25s = 600s per cycle. It takes 30s, so more then a full block.

On 1/30/2020 at 12:13 PM, Janellope said:

A block is 25 sec. 24 blocks at 25s = 600s per cycle. It takes 30s, so more then a full block.

I just watched a dupe shower and it only took 16 seconds, not 30.  I think it must be affected by tinkering skill.

The only question I'm wondering  is  when they use the shower,   could they benefit from a Room Bonus?

I usually put the showers inside the same bathrooms but don't know if it matters when they shower if they get the bonus.

Also,  I usually have 2 floating shine bugs just to improve the speed of the bathroom use.

1 hour ago, RonEmpire said:

The only question I'm wondering  is  when they use the shower,   could they benefit from a Room Bonus?

I usually put the showers inside the same bathrooms but don't know if it matters when they shower if they get the bonus.

Also,  I usually have 2 floating shine bugs just to improve the speed of the bathroom use.

Good question, but I think the bonus only apples when using the lavatory.  Not when using sinks or showers 

I also like to trap shines in bathrooms

Archived