Potatoes are the Best

6 hours ago, Shosuko said:

@Misuto About the bee farm you posted: I'm assuming each square is a turf square, is that a single flower centered in each purple turf?  Or is that a cluster of flowers?

Not my design, I learned it from a viewer (Rannva).

She even made English subs on top of all the research and practice to get this minimal honey comb design working! 

To answer the question, 1 flower per tile if you want it to be perfect. For my world I just planted maybe 20 or so and then let homeless bees do whatever (though I used a lure plant to have maybe 40 homeless bees to make it faster, also giving extra petals for gift wraps).

10 hours ago, Rinkusan said:

Not at all because Wicker+Wormwood is PART of the scenario in the first place. Wicker+Wormwood is not at all by-definition OP with regard to food production; whether they are optimal or not is part of this conversation. In fact, people in the past 2 pages - you included - have made the argument that the duo is suboptimal compared to another duo's honey farms.

I mean, yes the duo is the scenario's premise; however, even with the duo there are better ways to better optimize food production. You mentioned favoring potatoes over dragonfruit over restoration of sanity, yet you can still use dragonfruit farm in parallel of other more potent sanity food production. Taffy from bee boxes is viable, and so is mushroom farms mentioned by someone earlier in the thread since there's a wormwood.

What I believe I am (as well as many others under this thread) arguing is that even though potatoes are indeed a nice crop, they aren't by any means the most optimal food production for the restoration of all three stats under this scenario

2 hours ago, Easonade said:

I mean, yes the duo is the scenario's premise; however, even with the duo there are better ways to better optimize food production. You mentioned favoring potatoes over dragonfruit over restoration of sanity, yet you can still use dragonfruit farm in parallel of other more potent sanity food production. Taffy from bee boxes is viable, and so is mushroom farms mentioned by someone earlier in the thread since there's a wormwood.

What I believe I am (as well as many others under this thread) arguing is that even though potatoes are indeed a nice crop, they aren't by any means the most optimal food production for the restoration of all three stats under this scenario

There absolutely are better ways to optimize food production, and I'm still playing around with food farms in conjunction with the green-mushroom farms Misuto mentioned.

That being said though, the only thing I was trying to say in the comment that you quoted was that my bee box vs potato comment was an unfair comparison between a "worst-case scenario" and a "worst-case scenario of an inferior version of a farm", not an unfair comparison between a worst-case and best-case scenario. It's a small nitpick, but I want to make this point as perfectly clear as possible so you and others know that I'm not arguing for a potato-only farm, which was a common misconception for the past few pages.

Archived