[Experimental Update] - 386091

Kevin

• Developer

Hey Grifters,

Thanks for the overnight reports. I fixed a bunch of typos and a couple of crashes for you this morning. 

• fix a bunch of typos.
  • fix double-dialog problem when returning from your first job on day 2 of rook's story.
  • fix prepare keyword in memory_lock.
  • fix crash that could happen if you did a negotiation AND a battle in large UI scale mode, and then looked at particular cards.
  • Fix crash when viewing a graft with no upgrade defined in the graft compendium.

View full update

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Developer

OK, another small batch of fixed bugs for experimental. Keep those reports flowing! Our plan is to hotfix release into a respectable shape for the winter break. :)

Experimental 386111

• fix a lot (more!) typos
  • Fix some dialog choices locking in agents' death states before a fight actually happens
  • fix description of chemical_regulator_plus
  • award negotiation graft xp right after win, so that any upgrades that result show up on the loot screen
  • add self-defence to the fight in bandit_babysitter where you refuse to kill some survivors
  • fix reflexor_heads only rigging 1 heads, not 2
  • make grumble_plus2f and grumble_plus2e still act like grumble, even when not pre-set. These cards still have *some* issues, but they're closer to working now.
  • fix incorrect damage tooltip for strategy modifier
  • fix preview not matching actual costs for card removal in shops
  • Check for graft ownership in the graft shop, because you may have installed the graft from another source since the shop inventory was last regenerated.
  • disable some WIP touch control stuff, because it was breaking mouseovers in the the dialog
  • apply shop discounts to meal buying
  • Fix pamphleteer's can opener attack so that it doesn't consume its own weak point
  • Fix a crash bug caused by a zombie loan shark:
    •   Don't cast employed agents as loan sharks, so that they can properly go into hiding when they are sharking
    •   Don't send a dead loan shark after you to collect payment if the loan shark happens to die while waiting to collect

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

These aren't hotfix things, but wanted to write them down somewhere:

- Please give "static" status effect (from Spark Baron security guards, I think) a visual indicator, like Burn does. The number of times I've discarded an important card from my hand because I didn't notice I was affected by it...

- If you help Kalandra first on the second day, she references that you can buy mechs from their base, or hire labor from the labor office. Either I'm dumb and I can't find them, or neither have been implemented / hooked up in a way the player can access them.

- It would be nice if there was more distinction between the rewards you get from helping the Rise or the Spark Barons. Aside from the shovel/list decision at the beginning of the game (which doesn't even lock you into either faction, because Rook being Rook), both the Rise and the Spark Barons seem to sell the same items, and give the same sort of rewards, including grafts.

- The Last Stand is implied to be neutral ground where both Rise and Spark Barons can be found, but there are never any Spark Barons there (aside from maybe Fellemo for questline reasons). I wouldn't expect them to be as common as the other factions, but still!

- Are yotes supposed to be endemic to the Bog? For whatever reason I had assumed they aren't, but two events from Murder Bay (yote pup in tar pit, ancient battleground) that still happen in Grout Bog imply they are.

- Please give a filter for factionless people in the compendium. It's a bit bothersome to only have the filter for a single faction on, yet have a bunch of extra people appear in there that don't belong to the faction. And the list of factionless people only keep increasing (it used to be only 2 "people").

- When are we getting a bestiary tab in the compendium :p

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pacovf said:

If you help Kalandra first on the second day, she references that you can buy mechs from their base, or hire labor from the labor office. Either I'm dumb and I can't find them, or neither have been implemented / hooked up in a way the player can access them.

I know we arent able to access the base since we are never on the clock for them from that point onward on that day, but Ive definitely noticed the lack of ability to hire out laborers at the office.

• Like 1

Burn can be a bit unpredictable around enemies with low health, since they might die on enemy turn before their burn stack activates, depending on the order of activation of enemy status effects. This is particularly noticeable in the fight against the Flead Queen, where order of activation might make the difference between one burn stack activating or more, and one dead larva or more (in turn changing how many larvae end up attacking).

Since order of activation is not readily available to the player, it would be better if all burn stacks activated simultaneously.

EDIT: on the same topic, it would be good if the panic/death preview also took into account damage from external burn sources, which I don’t think is the case now.

Edited by pacovf