Oasis Base vs Wildfires

So me and my friend building an oasis base... but during summer if one of us is out of the oasis biom, the base burning... dont know if thats the exact reason..  i thought oasis never burns so i choosed there to build a base.. why wildfires happening in oasis? can anyone explain the whole mechanics of wildfires?

18 minutes ago, korayj said:

So me and my friend building an oasis base... but during summer if one of us is out of the oasis biom, the base burning... dont know if thats the exact reason..  i thought oasis never burns so i choosed there to build a base.. why wildfires happening in oasis? can anyone explain the whole mechanics of wildfires?

Wildfires just do not appear on Oasis Desert. Yout base may be lighted by Red hound, Wickerbottom's book, Telelocator Staff etc..

my beebox farm was on the corner of oasis biom... 3 sides looking to the sea.. no red hound, wickerbook or telelocator staf etc is used.. but my friend is new character, wurt and he was in the sea near beeboxes.. then suddenly all beeboxes burned.. and before that, my beefalo farm is on the other corner of oasis biom... he was out of the oasis biom but still next to the beefalo farm and all the "hay walls" burned suddenly too... he was using another character for 600 days, but nothing happened... but after changing it to Wurt, it started to burn...

The problem probably is that the oasis is on the edge of the desert or something like that, converging with another biome that can burn. I noticed that biomes limits are not so clearly delimitated and they merge a little in some areas.

For example i had an oasis base in one world near a mosaic biome, and the methor shower ended up extending and constantly hitting all over my oasis base, so had to giveup on that base lol.

The oasis does not prevent wildfires at all! Your base can be targeted by a wildfire even if it's located in the oasis.

But being in a sandstorm prevents the game from spawning wildfires around you, even if the target is not located in the oasis. 

It's not the other things that start burning automatically, but it's you who triggers the wildfires. 

Archived