"Your life for lumber" - Dedicated dupe for harvesting & storing

Is there a way to make a dupe to only harvest lumber, from arbor trees and haul it to a storage bin? Eat, sleep, poop, etc included.

It seems no matter what settings i use the dupes leave harvesting for nearly last and simply do not store almost any of it. There is also an issue of "farming" being outside of "supply" and "storage" as they keep hauling dirt to tiles even if supply is turned off.

I want to dedicate one or two dupes to harvesting and storing it, others can handle the dirt hauling.

Nah, i usually just put gun to their head and say what i want them to do.

Often harder in video-games.

Mostly the area is not very livable. It has ethanol generators there too so it piles up 100kg+ pressure and heat. I'd have to seriously renovate. Nah.

There was a mod to add "tinker" as a priority. I bet "harvest" could also be separate.

1 hour ago, swatti said:

Mostly the area is not very livable. It has ethanol generators there too so it piles up 100kg+ pressure and heat. I'd have to seriously renovate. Nah.

Another way is put some doors in other places and restrict him personally. So, if he cannot go to Mealwood farm, he cannot deliver dirt there

7 hours ago, swatti said:

It seems no matter what settings i use the dupes leave harvesting for nearly last and simply do not store almost any of it

Then you don't have enough priority/free time to get around to tidy tasks.  Order them to sweep the lumber if you want it picked up sooner.  Or just don't worry about it: when the ethanol distillery needs more they will go pick it up.

7 hours ago, swatti said:

There is also an issue of "farming" being outside of "supply" and "storage" as they keep hauling dirt to tiles even if supply is turned off.

I assume you are growing domestic arbor trees rather than having a pip plant them and have more lumber than your ethanol distiller can keep up with?  Just uproot the tree.

While you tune priorities, most important is, what you dupe do instead, and how you can prevent it. He moves half map away with some dirt? Do you really need to use production tree for pips? If yes, can you restrict for him places, consuming dirt? If no, prohibit delivery for this dupe. Make autosweepers do it instead. Etc. It is lot easier to solve task "how to stop him doing other things", than "how to force him to do what I need"

Archived