How to get "Easy Living" and "Job Suitability"?

I'm meeting the "second requirement" of each of those every cycle, but the cycle count - the "first requirement" - isn't going up. Is there some hidden requirement? Is it simply a display thing?

Did all the 17 dupes who suffocated in an "achievement related tragedy" die in vain? Do I need to wait for the two in space to come back and then sweep those too? One escaped into the temporal tear and I can't bring that one back. Though he'd have to make 40 deliveries per cycle in that tear to beat my wood vodka sweepers, so at least one of the achievements should be ticking up.

From what I've seen of Brothgar's and Francis John's playthroughs, those achievements are bugged visually. The days counter does not increment correctly, but it does keep track.

For Job Suitability, some things do not count as an "errand", despite incrementing the counter. I believe ranching and cooking does not count, and I'm almost certain that construction, digging, and supplying count.

In Francis John's Rime playthrough, his solution was to put all his dupes in sight-seeing modules except one, and the job suitability achievement popped instantly. This was because that one dupe had completed tasks every day up until that point, and once all the other dupes were in sight-seeing modules, they no longer counted.

If you are playing on the latest version, the cycle counter for Job Suitability should work in a way. I just got the achievement and I saw the counter increased and eventually got 10/10. If you trap most of your dupes in a rocket module (you don’t have to fire the rocket, once they are in a module they are no longer in the colony anymore. In vitals tab anyone with a grey name does not count towards the achievement) and only leave a few and force them to do an errand every cycle the counter should go up. From what I experimented I can only confirm that digging and construction count, and supplying (storage/construction supply/operation supply) and grooming does not. (I suspect only errands with a yellow bar counts but need more experiment) I still occasionally saw I fulfill the second requirement but the cycle counter reset to zero, but if you manually move your (only) dupe to a room, limit the access, force them to dig one block / build one ladder and then let them go, it should work. It might be the case that the two requirement uses different a time window (absolute cycle for cycle counter, rolling cycle for the # dupes ... in the last cycle), or they might have a different set of recognized errands. I plan to do some experiment on that.

For Easy Livin’ I just naturally got the achievement when I setup the shipping for my Hatch farm. If your base is sustainable I would suggest prevent anyone from doing supply errands using the priority tab. The cycle counter may not go up but you should get the achievement after the set amount of cycles.

7 hours ago, klei.ruby said:

As mentioned by @Meng.Meng the latest build should have a fix for Job Suitability as it went live in a recent patch.

Which build? Recreation Update landed November 21, I made this thread around December 14, describing problems that happened to me at that time.

I'm nearly certain I started that specific save with RU applied.

I'll try with a different save.

Archived