Question about slimelung disinfection

Slimelung is killed off by chlorine gas so I'm assuming i can disinfect infected PO2 the same way we can remove food poisoning from water by having it in a storage tank that is in a room filled with chlorine gas. But it also says it can't survive in temps lower than 50f or higher than 212f. So if I have cold or hot chlorine in the room would that increase the rate is killed off at?

Chlorine do it's work perfectly by itself. And temperature of chlorine doesn't matter.

You can cool down PO, and this also kill slimelung. But PO itself must be cold, not chlorine.

Or you can use room, filled with a lot of flower scent, it blocks slimelung.

Or you can convert PO2 to oxygen, an leave it. Slimelung dies in clean oxygen, but slowly

I thought about that but I remember pufts be a real pain to ranch (might do it for bleach stone though) but I think that even if the po2 has no germs the pufts slime will have it? I could be wrong. And I remember the amount of pufts need to sustain a mushroom farm was alot which is y I shy I away from them becuase I prefer a renewable food source. 

1 hour ago, TheEvilMango said:

I thought about that but I remember pufts be a real pain to ranch (might do it for bleach stone though) but I think that even if the po2 has no germs the pufts slime will have it? I could be wrong. And I remember the amount of pufts need to sustain a mushroom farm was alot which is y I shy I away from them becuase I prefer a renewable food source. 

I don't remember if the slime had germs from before I took my ONI break, but if it did, it never bothered me.  Natural slime is riddled with germs and I don't worry about it.  I just store it in water so it doesn't make germy po2 and putting it on the mushrooms doesn't seem to cause any harm.  I did actually try to move it all to chlorine to disinfect it a few days ago but somehow as soon as I moved it back out of the chlorine it immediately became infected again so I said screw it, the germs don't hurt.

Also 1 puft makes enough slime for 11 dusk caps.  They are the cheapest food to grow by far.  I never waste water on anything else.

2 hours ago, Prince Mandor said:

Just store your slime in chlorine, or put them on rails snaking through chlorine room

If you store the slime on the clorine it still creates po2 which will go on top of your clorine room. I noticed storing them under water or any kind of liquid prevent this.

1 hour ago, Artorias36 said:

If you store the slime on the clorine it still creates po2 which will go on top of your clorine room. I noticed storing them under water or any kind of liquid prevent this.

It won't if the chlorine pressure is > 1800g.

Archived