Moon Theory: Ancients

Just now, Casul said:

Yeah. Some people just want their truth so badly they ignore facts though.

Sometimes it just be like that \__(''/)__/

But I have a question, the theory I researched and worked on a bit. It has a lot of facts behind it. I think the Ancients moved underground because of the moon. 

Wendy:

Moon DialMoon Dial (in Caves)- "Caves. The moon's one weakness.":

I also find this one interesting...

Maxwell:

Moon StoneMoon Stone (broken)- "Ruins of an ancient relic.":

Moon StoneMoon Stone (repaired)- "I had thought these were all destroyed eons ago.": 

Why do you think that the Ancients moved underground?

18 minutes ago, maciu67 said:

Because the Gnaw had appeared.

But the Gnaw is trapped in the realm of Elder Bog

17 minutes ago, GetRektKids said:

Was the Gnaw there Eons ago?

What about the moon? Was the moon not there when the Gnaw showed up?

ALSO you are about to become a senior member! Congrats!

It was probably the moon.

21 minutes ago, GetRektKids said:

ALSO you are about to become a senior member! Congrats!

Thanks

4 minutes ago, Casul said:

But the Gnaw is trapped in the realm of Elder Bog

Look at the merm house:

latest?cb=20130916121954

This is ruined version of pig house.

25 minutes ago, GetRektKids said:

What about the moon? Was the moon not there when the Gnaw showed up?

I think Moon wasn't interested in caves because It have not power there so It didn't do anythink when the Gnaw had appeared.

11 minutes ago, maciu67 said:

Thanks

Look at the merm house:

latest?cb=20130916121954

This is ruined version of pig house.

I think Moon wasn't interested in caves because It have not power there so It didn't do anythink when the Gnaw had appeared.

It's a fair point, how did the merms get there in the first place? 

Why would the moon not care? It cares about the nightmares. I think the Moon is interested in the caves (Hints Wormwood)

22 minutes ago, GetRektKids said:

Why would the moon not care? It cares about the nightmares. I think the Moon is interested in the caves (Hints Wormwood)

It says the Merms swam. The Merms invaded the pigs for their homes

If the Gnaw is in Constant how did it get sealed away in the Gorge? I think it's something to do with the survivor that made it to the Gorge before us. Mumsy speaks of them. They opened the portal and maybe merms followed.

But that doesnt match up with what Pipton and Sammy say. Idk tbh I think Klei overlooked that

24 minutes ago, GetRektKids said:

Gnaw turned pigs into merms.

24 minutes ago, GetRektKids said:

Moon didn't know about shadow's plans, but now It knows.

26 minutes ago, GetRektKids said:

Hints Wormwood

yes i was writing about him in other thread. Wormwood is a first step of moon's plan

4 minutes ago, Casul said:

The Merms invaded the pigs for their homes

Merms didn't have to do it because thety can build theirs own hauses:

latest?cb=20180905105527

27 minutes ago, maciu67 said:

yes i was writing about him in other thread. Wormwood is a first step of moon's plan

latest?cb=20180905105527

Gnaw turned the Quagmire Goats and Pigs into merms so they would hail it. It also states Gnaw has been there for a long time.

They dont have a plan. See if you look back at the mural with the eye in the middle. The torch bearing ancient broke the gateway to stop them from spreading/leaving portal. The Dark Eye cannot spread outside of ruins there is no plan. If anything the Moon has a plan by using Wormwood.

Also those are Fishermerms which are a different species that arent related to Gorge or Gnaw

The Shadows as you call them are trapped forever inside the gateway. The Fuelweaver even destroyed the gateway if you fail, killing itself to stop them from leaving. The Moon however can leave. That's why it threw a piece of itself and Wormwood down to spread

The Ancient King and Queen kept the portal in balance. With the torch giving light and the scepter weaving fuel they brought nothing but good for their people 

Screenshot_20191209-092345_Samsung Internet.jpg

But the King brought good while the Queen provided protection that didnt seem necessary. They waited for this. Then they corrupted the Ancients using the King.

Screenshot_20191209-092457_Samsung Internet.jpg

They cannot leave. They have lost much of their power which is why Them is returning. The Moon gave us weapons to weaken the Dark. It gave us wormwood to be its agent. I'm calling it now Moonrock or Moonglass will be used to clog fissures in the future.

1 hour ago, maciu67 said:

latest?cb=20180905105527

#1: Yes that is a given, but are we SURE it was the Gnaw who came to the constant instead of the merms?

#2: Yeah, that's fair.

#3: :D

#4: Well, before the update merms lived in broken-down houses. (Also thank you Casul for that fisherman info!) And that house is..... yeah.... you know...

49 minutes ago, Casul said:

38 minutes ago, Casul said:

They don't have a plan. See if you look back at the mural with the eye in the middle. The torch-bearing ancient broke the gateway to stop them from spreading/leaving the portal. The Dark Eye cannot spread outside of ruins there is no plan. If anything the Moon has a plan by using Wormwood.

The Shadows as you call them are trapped forever inside the gateway. The Fuelweaver even destroyed the gateway if you fail, killing itself to stop them from leaving. The Moon, however, can leave. That's why it threw a piece of itself and Wormwood down to spread

The Ancient King and Queen kept the portal in balance. With the torch giving light and the scepter weaving fuel they brought nothing but good for their people 

[SNIP IMAGE]

But the King brought good while the Queen provided protection that didn't seem necessary. They waited for this. Then they corrupted the Ancients using the King.

[SNIP IMAGE]

They cannot leave. They have lost much of their power which is why Them is returning. The Moon gave us weapons to weaken the Dark. It gave us wormwood to be its agent. I'm calling it now Moonrock or Moonglass will be used to clog fissures in the future.

I like this, it really puts everything together. Yes, back to what Maciu67 said with the "plan" I think they USED to have a plan until the TorchBearer ruined it. Now they are just thriving.

#1: If the Moon gave us weapons to defeat the darkness, why are those weapons os hard to get? Why does the Moon resist when we are on the island?

#2: Maybe they will add the clogging thing ;) 

#3: And what sort of light do you think the TorchBearer bore? I'm thinking it has something to do with the moon, but that is a HUGE longshot :D

I have no idea why there is a huge hole above the quote, but I can't fix it.

53 minutes ago, Casul said:

They dont have a plan. See if you look back at the mural with the eye in the middle. The torch bearing ancient broke the gateway to stop them from spreading/leaving portal. The Dark Eye cannot spread outside of ruins there is no plan. If anything the Moon has a plan by using Wormwood

When you say "They" do you think about?

54 minutes ago, Casul said:

Also those are Fishermerms which are a different species that arent related to Gorge or Gnaw

Fishermerms are subspecies and Shipwrecked is a natural merms' habitat

55 minutes ago, Casul said:

It gave us wormwood to be its agent

I wrote something identical in another topic.

19 minutes ago, GetRektKids said:

Yes that is a given, but are we SURE it was the Gnaw who came to the constant instead of the merms?

In hamlet we don't have merms what is another proof

2 minutes ago, maciu67 said:

In hamlet we don't have merms what is another proof

Well, Hamlet isn't the ONLY way to get to the constant. There also is the Ancient gateway ;) 

Kinda like Forge/Gorge

You guys should get the Grammarly Extension for Chrome. It will fix big spelling errors on the Klei forums. :D 

25 minutes ago, GetRektKids said:

#1: Yes that is a given, but are we SURE it was the Gnaw who came to the constant instead of the merms?

#2: Yeah, that's fair.

#3: :D

#4: Well, before the update merms lived in broken-down houses. (Also thank you Casul for that fisherman info!) And that house is..... yeah.... you know...

I like this, it really puts everything together. Yes, back to what Maciu67 said with the "plan" I think they USED to have a plan until the TorchBearer ruined it. Now they are just thriving.

#1: If the Moon gave us weapons to defeat the darkness, why are those weapons os hard to get? Why does the Moon resist when we are on the island?

#2: Maybe they will add the clogging thing ;) 

#3: And what sort of light do you think the TorchBearer bore? I'm thinking it has something to do with the moon, but that is a HUGE longshot :D

I have no idea why there is a huge hole above the quote, but I can't fix it.

Well the moon cant just crash into the constant. Also the gesalts that cause resistance (according to character quotes) are giving us knowledge

6 minutes ago, Casul said:

Well the moon cant just crash into the constant. Also the gesalts that cause resistance (according to character quotes) are giving us knowledge

Yeah, I've read up on the Gesalts character quotes:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Warly:

GestaltGestalt- "Can you... get me home to dear Maman?"

Wilson:

GestaltGestalt- "They're promising me... knowledge."

Wickerbottom

GestaltGestalt- "They are the projections of something stronger."

Maxwell: 

GestaltGestalt- "It communes with us through them."

Willow:

GestaltGestalt- "It feels like they're speaking inside my head!"

Wendy: 

GestaltGestalt- "I can feel their fear and loneliness."

WX-78

GestaltGestalt- "THE MOON HAS FINALLY COME FOR ME"

Woody:

GestaltGestalt- "We're all connected, eh?"

Wigfrid:

GestaltGestalt- "Göddess öf the möön, shine thy smile upön me!"

Webber:

GestaltGestalt- "They want to talk, but they don't know how!"

I guess you can call me the master of character quotes ;) 

:D 

But still, "Giving us knowledge" can also kill us. And killing us doesn't really get the Moon's job done, does it?

2 minutes ago, GetRektKids said:

Yeah, I've read up on the Gesalts character quotes:

Reveal hidden contents

Warly:

GestaltGestalt- "Can you... get me home to dear Maman?"

Wilson:

GestaltGestalt- "They're promising me... knowledge."

Wickerbottom

GestaltGestalt- "They are the projections of something stronger."

Maxwell: 

GestaltGestalt- "It communes with us through them."

Willow:

GestaltGestalt- "It feels like they're speaking inside my head!"

Wendy: 

GestaltGestalt- "I can feel their fear and loneliness."

WX-78

GestaltGestalt- "THE MOON HAS FINALLY COME FOR ME"

Woody:

GestaltGestalt- "We're all connected, eh?"

Wigfrid:

GestaltGestalt- "Göddess öf the möön, shine thy smile upön me!"

Webber:

GestaltGestalt- "They want to talk, but they don't know how!"

Moon gives us weapons made for shadows. And Wormwood to explore caves. I think the goal is to finish sealing the Dark Eye

Just now, Casul said:

Moon gives us weapons made for shadows. And Wormwood to explore caves. I think the goal is to finish sealing the Dark Eye

Honestly, it makes sense, I can't really argue with a well-said statement.

Sadly I have to go to my next class, and I don't think I can browse game forums :(

I kinda have a theory the lightbearer is now the shadow hands. It wants what could have saved it's people. 

I have a theory once the Moon seals the Dark that the Moon will have 2 eyes. I think all the powers. Gnaw,Dark,Moon,Fire(Forge),etc are pieces of  1 being

3 hours ago, GetRektKids said:

And what sort of light do you think the TorchBearer bore? I'm thinking it has something to do with the moon, but that is a HUGE longshot :D

Ah yes e n s l a v e d g e s t a l t. In all honesty I have no clue. I'm thinking either gestalt on a stick or something to do with the opal. I mean it's a torch made of fuel with a light that repels fuel. I like to believe the torch part was a cage with a gestalt inside

18 hours ago, Casul said:

Ah yes e n s l a v e d g e s t a l t. In all honesty I have no clue. I'm thinking either gestalt on a stick or something to do with the opal. I mean it's a torch made of fuel with a light that repels fuel. I like to believe the torch part was a cage with a gestalt inside

I just thought of it on my own :D It was a little coincidental that (I think they messed with the moon stuff up top)They had Moon stuff on the surface then went underground, and then used it there. I think the Moon was curious what was down there from the start (since it couldn't get down there earlier) Just a little bit suspicious don't ya think?

Who knows? Maybe it was a gestalt on a stick :D 

21 hours ago, maciu67 said:

Hamlet is a part of Constant.

I know that Hamlet isn't IN the constant... It's part of it. Hints that wacky diagram with the Constant, Hamlet, Sun, and Moon. I'm too lazy to find it though...

They are two separate parts of the same thing. Just saying, you can get to the constant through the portal. TO BE FAIR That is how we got to the Gorge...

Archived