Atrium heart softlock - Clockwork sketches must leave inventory when you leave the server.

In the same way that the chester eyebone, hutch fishbowl, and the glommer flower leave your inventoy when you leave the server, the clockwork sketches should leave your inventory as well. If someone in the server leaves with the clockwork sketches and never comes back, then it seems impossible to get the atrium heart necessary to fight the Ancient Fuelweaver, which means you can't regenerate the ruins or the Ancient Guardian.

Maybe I'm missing a crucial detail, but it seems to go like this: You move the clockwork body pieces to the sculptures and repair them, the sculptures give sketches and the sculptures are permanently destroyed on full moon, someone takes sketches and leaves server, now you're no longer are able to fight the Shadow Clockwork enemies, which means you cannot get the atrium heart, which means you cannot fight the Ancient Fuelweaver, which means ruins will never regenerate nor will the Ancient Guardian in that server without admin console commands.

Remedy for this is to mark clockwork sketches as important items like chester eyebone, so that they cannot leave the server and cannot be destroyed. Krampus can steal the sketches and leave with them, and meteors can destroy sketches, so that should be changed as well.

1 hour ago, Bird Up said:

Maybe I'm missing a crucial detail

Yes! You can get chess pieces, literal chess pieces that are trinkets that you can give to pig king to acquire the sketches in case someone takes the sketches and leaves

You get them from tumbleweeds and MAYBE graves if you haven't dug them all up

Edit: Forgot to mention they only show up if the corresponding sketch has appeared in the world by repairing the marble statues and breaking them on a full moon etc.

I think the better alternative is to have the ability to re make the sketch at a cartography table, thus making any sketch renewable and adding re usability to the cartography once the map has been filled out. They could also make it that anyone who participates in the fights knows how to make all 3 sculpture at a sculpture table.

That'd be a good idea. After the shadow chess pieces are defeated, the sketchs could be unlocked at the cartography table. 

Relying on .1% drop from a tumbleweed so that you can progress to one of the coolest bosses in the game is a little absurd. And you might need all three trinkets which could take forever. I'd like rng to be out of the picture, because no one wants to rely on super luck just to be able to access the fight with fuelweaver.

Another idea is to make the sculptures regenerate in ~5 days and for the chess body pieces to be spread out over the world again after new moon.

Archived