Dasha seeds on Rime

4 hours ago, suxkar said:

Is there any reason why they specifically removed dashas from Rime?

Each map has its own specific challenge, and each asteroid is lacking in a specific biome or resource.

Terra has no forest biome, so no trees or pips, Rime has all biomes but has wheezeworts instead of saltvines, verdante has no frozen biome and therefore has ZERO wolframite or tungsten, which means no thermium without specific planets. Arboria and Badlands have no swamp biome, so no gold, which is a pain for building high temperature applications before steel.

If you want to fix your current problem of zero saltvines, you can customize the welfare pod with this mod, which allows you to change how many options you can choose from, and what list of items can be printed.

This mod will allow you to add any planet that is missing from your world, and this online tool will allow you to choose a starting seed that will have any planet, geyser, or combination that you could want from a massive list of seeds.

Or you could... yknow... adapt. Rime has lots of salt in the frozen rust biomes, You don't NEED them, and there are options for you if you can't adapt.

7 hours ago, crypticorb said:

If you want to fix your current problem of zero saltvines, you can customize the welfare pod with this mod, which allows you to change how many options you can choose from, and what list of items can be printed.

This mod will allow you to add any planet that is missing from your world, and this online tool will allow you to choose a starting seed that will have any planet, geyser, or combination that you could want from a massive list of seeds.

Or you could... yknow... adapt. Rime has lots of salt in the frozen rust biomes, You don't NEED them, and there are options for you if you can't adapt.

Whoa, I should really start to mod my game. That is a lot of useful information! Thank you!

4 minutes ago, suxkar said:

Whoa, I should really start to mod my game. That is a lot of useful information! Thank you!

If you're gonna start modding, I'd suggest starting with things that only tweak vanilla, rather than add new content, or you'll start massively unbalancing the game as it was intended. Some mods are borderline cheating, and others are blatantly unbalanced, such as infinite energy/gas/liquid sources.

Here's a collection of mods that I put together that greatly enhances the vanilla gameplay and fixes many of the annoying bits of interface issues. All of these mods are quality of life enhancements, and do not modify the game as it was originally intended. You can freely unsubscribe from any/all of these mods and nothing will be lost.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1923231097

5 hours ago, crypticorb said:

If you're gonna start modding, I'd suggest starting with things that only tweak vanilla, rather than add new content, or you'll start massively unbalancing the game as it was intended. Some mods are borderline cheating, and others are blatantly unbalanced, such as infinite energy/gas/liquid sources.

Here's a collection of mods that I put together that greatly enhances the vanilla gameplay and fixes many of the annoying bits of interface issues. All of these mods are quality of life enhancements, and do not modify the game as it was originally intended. You can freely unsubscribe from any/all of these mods and nothing will be lost.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1923231097

Good list. I only consider 2 of those to be cheats tho they are very minor.

Archived