Bunny escaping farm

Hey guys, 

I'm trying to do a bunny farm for meat with catapult and end table. 

I've transform a full wall of my farm with end table but since then I always find bunny outside. 

If I'm near the farm when the bunny goes out they stay in the farm but if I arrive after the bunny are out some are outside the farm. 

No bunny can glitch through the end table, I've test it by bringing meat and see if they could pass through while chasing me. 

My farm is round, wood fenced with one side as end table, it has 8 hutches. 

Do any of you know why it is happening?

That's because when the area unloads, mobs can clip through walls, end tables, and statues. (I believe statues and end tables also unload, so mobs will always clip through those).

You would need to two layers of walls to prevent clipping (multiple layers won't work for statues. IDK for end tables).

24 minutes ago, keats95 said:

Any chance you can share a screenshot of your set-up?

I could take a pic of my screen, I don't feel like opening my laptop to copy to USB... 

12 minutes ago, lakhnish said:

Correct. I had to do that for my Pig Farm at Moon Base and that solved this issue.

Thanks I'll try that!

The exact thing happen to me and I ended up for replacing the fossils for brick walls. The bunnies jump the fossils like if they won't be there.

For some reason if you leave the area and comeback they are outside jumping around. 

Sorry for my english.

This didn't happen to me before it just start to happen on recent updates.

7 hours ago, Mx-Pain said:

The exact thing happen to me and I ended up for replacing the fossils for brick walls. The bunnies jump the fossils like if they won't be there.

For some reason if you leave the area and comeback they are outside jumping around. 

Sorry for my english.

This didn't happen to me before it just start to happen on recent updates.

I'll try the double layer mentioned earlier, I'll give feedback once I've done it.

P.s: I might not be the best judge since english is my second language, but I understood perfectly, so I'm pretty sure you don't have to apologize for good English. 

The double layer endtable works! 

I've put the second layer in front of the hole left by the first layer. It form kind of a zipper. 

Thanks for the tip! 

Edit: yesterday I found some outside after adding some hutches... Maybe it's link to the amount of rabbits into the same spot? Or maybe I was just lucky for a time that none clipped thought with the double layer. 

I got marble statue walls surrounding my bunny farm and it works well until I need to do things around the farm, chopping trees, or cleaning up, and there you have 5-10 bunnies from the 24+ I have wandering out of their enclosure. Something that helped was having a Treeguard or two close so they make short work of the teleporting bunnies. I'll test double marble statue walls and see if that works.

Archived