automation and rails

Atmo Suit Checkpoint should have automation turned on, for example, let's say the biome I want the dupe to go to, but it has very high gas pressure, so I can plug in a gas sensor inside to see if pressure should turn off or on Atmo Suit Checkpoint.
Conveyor Loader should send a green light when full or running so that you can, for example, shut down a structure if the rail is empty, to prevent a duplicate from choosing to insert the resource into the structure rather than the rail.

and for God's sake, a rail filter, in the style of the gas and water filter

xoxo

Well you have a Duplicant Checkpoint which you can use for the automation that you want.
To prevent dupes from delivering material to structures, instead of the Auto-Sweeper, you can lower the priority for the building.
As for the filter, well we already have that with the loader.
It requires more space and more refined metal, but you can filter materials, no problem.

2 hours ago, alexkuzmov said:

Well you have a Duplicant Checkpoint which you can use for the automation that you want.
To prevent dupes from delivering material to structures, instead of the Auto-Sweeper, you can lower the priority for the building.
It requires more space and more refined metal, but you can filter materials, no problem.

The rail->receptacle->sweeper->loader->rail "filter" does work but it's a majorly complex, space-, resource-, and energy-intensive way to solve the problem. But rather than (or in addition to) a dedicated filter building I'd like to see rail sensors like the gas and liquid ones for temperature, element, and germs. Since we have rail shutoffs now, that's all you would need to make a decent filter.

34 minutes ago, Supraluminal said:

The rail->receptacle->sweeper->loader->rail "filter" does work but it's a majorly complex, space-, resource-, and energy-intensive way to solve the problem. But rather than (or in addition to) a dedicated filter building I'd like to see rail sensors like the gas and liquid ones for temperature, element, and germs. Since we have rail shutoffs now, that's all you would need to make a decent filter.

Then the rail system will become exactly the same as liquid and gas.
I dont like the idea of having the same thing 3 different ways. Better to be unique IMO
Also energy-intesive doesnt matter, at all.

1 hour ago, alexkuzmov said:

Then the rail system will become exactly the same as liquid and gas.
I dont like the idea of having the same thing 3 different ways. Better to be unique IMO
Also energy-intesive doesnt matter, at all.

The rail system is already 90% of the way to being identical to the liquid and gas systems. I think they should finish the job rather than leave it in a cumbersome state just for the sake of arbitrary difference.

If they wanted it to be unique, they should have started with a different concept for moving solid materials. They could have gone with crawler robots or trebuchets or drone dirigibles or really anything that would lend itself to a meaningfully different type of infrastructure. Instead they started with rails that behave exactly like pipes for solids, and the rest follows somewhat inevitably from that.

As for energy, of course it matters to some extent. How much is debatable and depends on a lot of factors (how late in the game are you talking, what are the map conditions, what is the skill level of the player) but it's not nothing.

16 hours ago, alexkuzmov said:

Atmo Suit Checkpoint and Duplicant Checkpoint with automation is totally different, if Atmo Suit Checkpoint has automation it can turn off or on checkpoit by automation and its effect is totally different because when it is disabled it does not prevent duplicates from passing it, it only prevents them from passing Using atmosuit, Duplicant Checkpoint prevents them from passing or not with automation, can you understand the difference?

Spoiler

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.dad8bde417bd6d87a4f7c51d7a7c35dd.png

Screenshot_2.thumb.png.6027cfd57f1a45c6b28d896ac29e6568.png

Screenshot_8.thumb.png.d9e579575e8c13e5ec601b88c8435ad5.png

Spoiler

Screenshot_3.thumb.png.6bb2b06cfecd961dcd23f6966b556950.png

Screenshot_4.thumb.png.a7a5dab0419e4c5b2cbfb7826d0704ce.png

Screenshot_5.thumb.png.b871f964c122955cd9597adb5d0d5906.png

lowering the structure's priority doesn't work, because then they don't deliver to either the structure or Conveyor Loader, if I increase the Conveyor Loader's property they'll pick up everything they can, and if the structure has a very fast outflow of resources, they will spend more time supplying it than doing anything else, now if as I said he could send an automation signal, the duplicates would only fill him when he had no resources on the track, and oh yes, it would make sense to supply when it has no resources on the track and not when it is half-full, since it does not receive so many resources

Spoiler

Screenshot_7.thumb.png.07f554db5c889909969a29a01cd0e038.png

In this case of the fertilizer synthesizers, they simply prefer to go inside and supply them than just the receiver, when I lower their priority they don't even go there, if I increase the priority of the receiver they work more supply than any other. work because the synthesizer asks for 2 resources and consumes very fast

The idea of automation is to make it easy and cost effective, I'm working on it, and don't stop doing something just because I could do it in a more complicated way.

Spoiler

Screenshot_6.thumb.png.a8a955b80b93fb4af00120be68addbd8.png

This is not simple, nor is it quick to build, and the receivers receive little resources so if by any chance they "fill" the rail so that, with a filter, I could send it elsewhere, making fewer rails, less resources, and also less Storage Bin so a miniaturization, I could do such a system at various points of the base because I could transport resources on a single track from the magma biome for example to space and filter there, not make a rail or multiple Storage Bin, And as I said, making versions of these in various places without consuming so much space and resources

Archived