Question about travelling between world

Varum

Hello, 

Yesterday I make the big jump ! I decided to leave my RoG world to go into the sky island of hamlet. My pocket full of gold and equipment to rush the second island to construct the way back machine. However at my surprise when I arrived it was the aporkalypse ! I expected to arrive day 1.

So several questions :

-So the times run in the 3 world even when not generated?  

- I guess food are spoiling in other workd 

- meat effigy in other world work ?

- when I am in cave in RoG I noticed the time at the surface somehow stop ( fligomantic or food didnt look to spoil )  

- if I have meat effigy inside an hamlet house in another world. Did it work ? 

- if I reset one world , did it will reset the other world ?

- there is something else should I know about travelling between world ?

1: yes, all run on same time and seasons change and so forth

2: I have not checked on that but maybe it might spoil.

3: yes Meat effigies work over worlds.

4: needs more testing

5: it will probably work but may cause bugs or something

6: no, it will only reset that specific world but I've heard caves,ruins,volcano,tombs will reset that are present in any connected worlds.

7: you will always get aporkalypse after day 60 when jumping from any world to HAM.

8 hours ago, Varum said:

-So the times run in the 3 world even when not generated?  

In a way, yes. Whenever you go to a different world, the game will try to sync it up with the rest of the worlds by skipping the appropriate amount of days since you've last been in that world. In this case, since it's your first visit, it skipped your entire days survived.
If you've passed day 60 in any world, then Hamlet will be in the Aporkalypse as expected.

8 hours ago, Varum said:

- I guess food are spoiling in other workd 

Yes. Whenever the sync happens, it skips those days for everything in the world, including any food.

8 hours ago, Varum said:

- meat effigy in other world work ?

Yes. When you die, the game checks for the nearest method of revival. If there's none in your current world, the game will go on to check other worlds and then revive you there if there's a method of revival in one of those worlds.

8 hours ago, Varum said:

- when I am in cave in RoG I noticed the time at the surface somehow stop ( fligomantic or food didnt look to spoil )  

I'm not entirely sure about this one, but I think food is supposed to spoil normally even when you're in a cave. I'm not sure what happened here.

8 hours ago, Varum said:

- if I have meat effigy inside an hamlet house in another world. Did it work ? 

Yes, It should work, but I'd advise against putting stuff like effigies inside houses in general. Interiors are really buggy, so it's possible that you may get revived in a black void in the corner of the map if you have an effigy inside an interior.

8 hours ago, Varum said:

- if I reset one world , did it will reset the other world ?

No. When you use the teleportato, the game will only regenerate your current world and all sublevels (caves, ruins, and volcano). That means world hopping in Hamlet won't reset SW or RoG, but it will reset their caves, ruins and volcano. The same applies to all other worlds, world hopping there will reset all sublevels but won't touch the surface of the other two worlds.
Hamlet interiors are not counted as a sublevel, so you'll have the same temples and cave clefts and houses as usual even after using the teleportato.

8 hours ago, Varum said:

- there is something else should I know about travelling between world ?

My main advice for travelling between worlds is just to be careful and make sure to check in on each one every once in a while. The game's method of syncing worlds can cause issues if you spend hundreds of days in one world without traveling to the others, because the game will attempt to skip all of those hundreds of days at once whenever you finally do check. Personally I'm paranoid so I take a quick trip between all 3 worlds every 100 days or so.

Also be careful not to have any spider dens too close to your sea/skyworthy, that can cause potentially hundreds of queens to spawn at once because of similar syncing shenanigans.

1 hour ago, Varum said:

last question: it is possible to build a skyworthy in shipwreck?

Yep. Somewhere in SW, you can find a wrecked balloon similar to the one in Hamlet's spawn area. If you hammer it down, you'll get the silly string for a skyworthy. I've always found the wrecked balloon on a beach, but I'm not sure if it's guaranteed to spawn on one.

I'm wondering how many people like the current system, with time always syncing between worlds, and how many would prefer jumping into Hamlet on Day 1 instead of entering during Aporkalypse?  

My answer:  I used to feel we should enter Hamlet on Day 1, but as I think about it while reading this thread it does make more sense that all the linked worlds are synced, since the player is spending time in DS, not just in different worlds (if that makes sense.)  So, I'm not sure what I think anymore and am curious to know how others think about it.  Thanks!

2 hours ago, ucw said:

I'm wondering how many people like the current system, with time always syncing between worlds, and how many would prefer jumping into Hamlet on Day 1 instead of entering during Aporkalypse?  

My answer:  I used to feel we should enter Hamlet on Day 1, but as I think about it while reading this thread it does make more sense that all the linked worlds are synced, since the player is spending time in DS, not just in different worlds (if that makes sense.)  So, I'm not sure what I think anymore and am curious to know how others think about it.  Thanks!

at the moment it remains really hard to explain how the DS world or the Constant even works,

but I personally would like a world that is similar to RoT in DST where multiple worlds are attached to eachother, an HAM Island like Moon Island can be traveled to SW Islands dart the areas around the main DS world which is RoG.

you can even make a Balloon that you ride in the air to reach areas.

That would be sooo awesome and fun!

but alas we need to wait from devs to give us any info at all about what are they even gonna do with DS.

3 minutes ago, MWY said:

<snip>

I don't play DST, but what you just described sounds perfect and very fun!  Those would be nice additions to the game.  

In DS, it seems to make sense that time would pass regardless of which world you are in, but it is a pain in a** (scuse my french) to rush the fifth island if you don't start in hamlet and want to delay the aporkalypse.  Maybe, however, that is part of what makes Hamlet more difficult.  

Just now, ucw said:

I don't play DST, but what you just described sounds perfect and very fun!  Those would be nice additions to the game.  

In DS, it seems to make sense that time would pass regardless of which world you are in, but it is a pain in a** (scuse my french) to rush the fifth island if you don't start in hamlet and want to delay the aporkalypse.  Maybe, however, that is part of what makes Hamlet more difficult.  

the same in my case, well all they need to do now is just to add options for Aporkalypse in World Gen to fix that,

Aporkalypse:

• After 60 Days
  • Manual
  • Off

Archived